Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Summer Fun

As much as I detest the intense triple digit heat we face here during the summer, I am really looking forward to the months ahead.

my plans include:

stacks of books from the library

cuddling up with the boys while reading together on the couch

long phone calls to catch up with both of my sisters; this needs to include conference calls so we can all chat together!

my husband barbecuing anything and everything so I don't have to cook

a very light school schedule a couple days a week to keep up skills; mostly math, reading and writing

playdates with everyone I've neglected over the school year

meeting friends for coffee (iced for me!)

lazy days doing nothing particularly productive

swimming at whatever pool we can get an invitation to

eating fresh veggies from various family and friends' gardens (since I was too lazy to have my own!)

blogging more than once a month?

taking the kids to see Toy Story 3 (we rarely go to the movies!)

seeing my beautiful little sister get married to her one true love

visiting with family and loved ones

working out at the gym

homemade popsicles and ice cream

hopefully an overnight trip to the beach with just my husband, but he must win a challenge first; more on this later

letting my kids decide once in a while what we're going to do and where we're going to go, within reason of course :)

ordering everything I still need curriculum-wise for first grade

taking pictures

chatting with my parents on the videophone more often

making sweet memories with my kids that we'll cherish for a lifetime

What are your summer plans?

8 comments:

April said...

Sounds like a wonderful summer ahead! I need to get reorgnanized in almost every part of my house, plan to be OUTDOORS more often, love the hubby grilling, watching my son grow and learn new things and preparing for baby #2! Oh yeah and all the wedding and bridal showers/parties that I need to plan and or go to for my baby sister!!

Kourtni said...

Your summer sounds perfect to me! Mine is going to be mainly laying out by the pool and letting my kids swim. Beyond that, I have no plans. Except that I want to close all the blinds and sleep until at LEAST 8:30 the first chance I get. hehe!

Mommy Diffee said...

That sounds amazing! I hope to be seeing a LOT more of you =)

Cheri said...

swimming, bbq-ing, cayucos-ing, painting {but i don't want to talk about that one}, and getting the girls into their own rooms...finally!! :)

Talia said...

Your summer plans sound wonderful and amazing, Sunny!! I hope that's exactly what it turns out to be! :) You deserve it after all your hard work this past year, and I hope it leaves you so refreshed and ready for a new school year.

My summer plans have not been solidified yet, and I feel like I need to make some lists before the months fly by and it has escaped us compeltely! hehe

redceleste said...

Kiddee pooool! Popsicles, potty training, clean out my home office, actually read a whole book.

I want to thank you for all the homeschool info you sent me a while back. I didn't mean to ignore you, I've just been overwhelmed by the availability of resources out there, and not all that excited to go through it all. I think I'm going to do my own thing for the next 6 months to a year for preschool for my oldest while deciding on a curriculum, and then purchase a kindergarten curriculum for her when she's about 4 1/2 or 5. I hope I don't ruin her! That's every homeschool parent's concern, right? Thanks again.

~ Celeste

Megan said...

I LOVE this list idea- that's it, I'm making one!

Danielle said...

Summer is almost over. Have you accomplished everything you wanted to??? :)