Sunday, November 21, 2010

Seven Years Ago...

My firstborn baby arrived...



















He made me a Mommy and I love him so much!

And then he became a big brother and they are the best of friends...







And sometimes they're not the best of friends...
But there is a lot of love between these two boys...


















My little Jonah Davin is now seven years old! I can hardly believe it!

And to make his day even more special, this morning we heard that his newest little cousin, my sister's baby, was born today, seven years after I gave birth. Two little boys, exactly seven years apart in age. A flood of memories came rushing back for me as I thought of my sister having her little boy on the morning of the 21st of November, just like I did. Her baby's birth story is rather amazing. He was born at home and delivered by his own Daddy. She went into labor and after several hours of contractions happening every ten minutes, she decided that they should go to the hospital. They were getting ready to go when her water broke and the baby started crowning. Her husband called 911 but it was too late and the baby was coming so my sister laid down on the floor of the bathroom and her husband delivered his son! The paramedics arrived a few minutes after the baby was born and they took her to the hospital. Both mom and baby are doing fine, praise the Lord!

It's a special day, indeed!

4 comments:

Excellent Parent said...

aww, he is so cute. tomorrow is my 4 year olds birthday! so fun! We are blessed!

Cheri said...

i love all the pictures!! and i can't believe how even in those baby pictures he looks exactly the same! so cute!

Danielle said...

Happy birthday Jonah! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of him again. He really was such a CUTE baby and toddler!

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh my, 7 years ... Sunny he is just amazing! We love him so very much. I was just going through my big picture box and found a bunch of his baby pictures, is one one gorgeous little boy!