Friday, October 30, 2009

TWC- Week 1

OK, so this is Week 1 of our Ten Week Challenge.

How did your first week go? I said I was going to count calories all week. I did it some of the days, but on the busier days it is really hard to do! I use sparkpeople.com to keep track of my nutrition and weight. It's a totally free program. If I didn't have the actual time to run to the computer and input what I ate, I did still try to be mindful of what I was eating. Some days were really good and a couple were not great, but all in all, I think I'm pretty proud of myself.

My next goal for the week is to get in exercise! I've been battling a cold for over a week now and that really slowed me down and I wasn't able to get much exercise in. I'm hoping to do a lot more now that I am feeling better.

How did you do? Leave a comment and share how your week went and what your next mini-goal is. Remember, we're focusing on the positives!

And for those of you who read my blog but are not interested in this challenge, I promise to get a post or two in about other things soon!

4 comments:

Kourtni said...

I have to say.... great motivation!!! There are at least 2 instances I can think of where I chose healthier because of this. Also, I have portioned out fruit into snack baggies for my kids and put them in the fridge so that they are JUST as easy to grab and eat as JUNK FOOD would be. This week more of the same for me... and I think I might jump on the calorie counting bandwagon with you. Spark People you say???

Talia said...

um... let's see... positive. Well, I got to sleep in until 7 every morning this week. Because I didn't get up to exercise. (basically, I sucked this week. But I'm ok with it, because I'm ready and raring for next week!)

Oh, and I did refrain from drinking hot chocolate almost every night like I wanted to, choosing tea instead. Little victories!! :)

Kelly said...

This week went ok, I made it to both 5:30 classes and am very sore from them. We (every one in the house) managed to not eat any fast food even though we are all sick and neither kev nor I wanted to make food. And no soda either. I also was able to keep up on my food journal so this next week I want to try to eat better, Maybe add healthy snacks and start eating a bit for breakfast. Exercise wise I want to try walking or running one morning.

~kelly

Danielle said...

Well I exercised 4 times last week but since my legs are KILLING me I would count all the activity I did yesterday as exercise too. :) Eating healthy went as far as Wednesday but Thursday and the rest of the weekend was bad bad bad with lots of fast food (I blame April!!). Tomorrow is a fresh start and my goal for this week is to get more exercise in and drink lots of water.