Friday, October 30, 2009

Be Prepared...

to be bombarded (well, when I feel like it, haha) with pictures over the next few months.

My birthday came early this year! OK, so technically today is my husband's 29th birthday (Happy Birthday, Raymond!) and this is his birthday gift just as much as it is mine, as well as our anniversary/Christmas/any-other-possible-gift-giving-occasion-over-the-next-few-months gift.




We ordered it online and it arrived yesterday. Raymond and I have both played with it a little bit and we are really enjoying having clear pictures. Our old point and shoot camera was 2 years old and falling apart. When you turned it on, the little lens cover thing (I have no idea what it's called) would stick and then slowly open and it was not taking good pictures. Most were blurry or super washed out. Well, you knew that if you've seen the pictures I've posted lately! I think it was a bad idea to let our kids use it... and drop it... and who knows what else they did to it. But now that old camera will belong to the kids! So it's a win win.

Our new camera is definitely not a high end fancy one, but it's supposed to be a good beginner's camera.

Now all I need to do is learn how to actually use the thing. We wanted to get it early enough so we can use it and develop our photography skills before we go to Chicago for Christmas.

So happybirthdayanniversarymerryChristmas to me!

I knew all that working and stress I was enduring would be worth it in the end...

4 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

WOWZA! Congratulations! FUN FUN FUN! Can't wait to see the photos!

Talia said...

whoa, that looks like a serious piece of equipment you've got there, girlfriend. hehe. How exciting!!! I'm thrilled for you! And yes, I can't wait to see all the lovely pictures you'll share with us. Now you have an excuse to blog more ;)

Kourtni said...

So COOL! You know I'll be hitting you up to take pics of my family now. ;)

Mommy Diffee said...

It works a lot like my camera so we can share what we both learn about them with each other! Eeeek so fun! I heart cameras =)