Monday, November 2, 2009

Pictures From Our Weekend

The camera arrived on Thursday and I immediately charged the battery so we could start using it. What a difference this new camera makes! No more washed out pictures of my backyard.


Jonah was doing schoolwork when he was attacked...

by Nathan under the table!
For dinner that night we went over to Raymond's uncle's house. Cousin Josh was visiting from Virginia. We brought pizza and our camera. This one is my favorite picture from that night.
Friday was Raymond's birthday and he left work a little bit early so we could celebrate! First we went to the pumpkin patch that just about everyone I know around here goes to. It was MUCH better than the place we went to last year. Raymond took most of the pictures while we were there.

Getting Nathan ready once we arrived. He was not interested in looking cute and complained about the shirt I wanted to put over his long-sleeved t-shirt.

Time to go in and check this place out!













OK, I look stupid but whatever...

Checking out the different gourds.





Goofy photo ops! I am building a rather large collection of these, aren't I?





We looked at the animals they had but the flies were everywhere! I could hardly stand it. I tried not to talk or open my mouth. Eeek!Looking at the pig.

Raymond didn't want to be in the pictures and since it was his birthday, I figured I ought to indulge him.
After the pumpkin patch we went out to dinner, and bumped into my friend and her husband at the restaurant. We didn't eat together but we got to chat while we all waited for our tables. Once our tummies were full, we went to Walmart to pick up a new memory card for our camera. We wanted something that could hold more pictures than the one we had. Just after we walked into the store, we ran into Raymond's mom. I love seeing people I know while we're out and about!

Saturday we had a birthday party to go to for our friend's son who was turning 4. It was outside at a park and Jonah was happy as a clam since he got to play with his best friend, Logan. They are two peas in a pod.




Nathan pretty much tagged along with the big boys.I love his orange pizza face.
After the party we made a stop at the grocery store and headed home. After being home for a while we realized we needed to run over to our church briefly to drop some things off. Once that quick errand was complete, we decided to make a trip to the local ice cream shop that one of our church friends owns. They have great ice cream that they get from San Luis Obispo. Yummy!

Enjoying my chocolate chip mocha frappuccino.
I should get some other pictures of this ice cream shop, it is so cute with its pink, black and white color scheme! We try to go there as often as we can to support our friends' business.

Just for fun, I took a picture of the huge tree in our front yard. I am dreading when the leaves change color and fall off... It is quite the job to rake all of those leaves!
My neighbor's flowering tree. It is really pretty.
Sunday afternoon the kids wrestled around and took turns squashing one another.

Grandpa was more than happy to participate.




Sunday evening we had a fun event at church in honor of Reformation Day. It included some "holy mingling".Whatever that is supposed to mean! Haha! We played a cute 20 Questions type game where each person was to figure out which character/person they were by asking yes and no questions.


I was Bathsheba! I asked my pastor if that was supposed to mean anything...

I may or may not have encouraged cheating and may or may not have given "helpful" tips to a couple of people.

We had a lot of great food...



I promise there was a very healthy green salad that I ate lots of, but you see, my husband took all of the pictures since I was busy in the kitchen and apparently he conveniently overlooked both taking a picture of and eating said salad. I noticed that most of the men around my table skipped right over the salad.

I may or may not have eaten 2 slices of pumpkin pie... But I didn't eat any of the crust! That counts for something, right? (I don't like pastry crust.)

The kids got to decorate pumpkins with foam stickers. No huge mess to clean up afterward!

All of the pumpkins came from Emma's parents' garden. They had their own little pumpkin patch!
Great idea, Cheri! The kids really loved getting to decorate and take home their own pumpkins!

The kids ran around outside, screaming and shrieking like kids so often do.

Cousins Breanna and Andrew came to our little shindig too!

It was a full and busy weekend for us!

OK, if I realized just how long this post was going to be, I would have broken it up into separate posts. I'm sorry! But I've already spent hours on this and I can't bear to change it now!

3 comments:

Kourtni said...

Oh I totally love all your pictures!! Your camera is the bomb.com

=)

Those pictures of Jonah and Logan. OH my gosh. I was not expecting that, and I burst out laughing. Andy had to come check it out too and he was also cracking up. They are so silly!!!

Danielle said...

Yeah that was a lot of pics! The pumpkin patch looks like a lot of fun. Your boys are so cute and you looked very pretty in that green sweater!
I can't believe how green your tree still is! Fall is definitely here for us, our trees have lost all their leaves by now and April and I spent 2 hours raking just the front yard today. Will probably have to help dad rake the backyard later this week. Ugh!

April said...

Love all the photos! Especially the ones at the pumpkin patch. Your boys are adorable and you looked beautiful. Thanks for an entertaining post can't wait to see you all for REAL!