That is how many pictures were taken on our camera Saturday and Sunday. It was a full weekend but really fun!
Don't worry, I'm not posting anywhere near 504 pictures.
Saturday morning was all about hair in our family. Raymond went to the barber and when he got back I quickly colored my hair at home. I think ten minute haircolor is one of the greatest inventions of all time! I had to cover my ever increasing gray strands.
Such glamorous photos, don't you think?

When Nathan saw me with my hair piled on top of my head, he said something to the effect of, "Oooh, Mommy, I like your hair!" Um... thanks?
Then it was the boys' turn. A few months ago, I decided to buy our own set of clippers so Raymond could cut the boys' hair. It is going to save us so much money in the long run. He has cut their hair a couple of times now. It's not perfect but it looks fine. We cut their hair outside because I can't stand the mess. Nathan was going to be first. Little did he know what terror awaited him...
Well, no, he did. He hates getting his hair cut. This was the first time he'd thrown a fit while Raymond cut his hair though. He has cried a couple of times before when I'd take him someplace to get it cut. Raymond was surprised at how this turned out...
Nathan starts crying and moving a lot.
It's hard to keep him still.
Then he really gets going.
Aaaand yes, full on weeping/screaming!
Jonah had to mock Nathan and pretended to cry. That's what big brothers are for!
He got plain crazy after that.

Back to Nathan. It was just about over and he was calm.
He was all grins! Silly boy!
See? It's not so bad! Why were you crying?!
Oops, Daddy found a couple spots he wanted to clean up, so Nathan was back to crying... *sigh*
It's all over and he's a happy camper! Looking sharp, kiddo!
The reward for his pain and suffering...
Jonah's turn!
OK, I didn't want to post a ton of pictures so I'm not putting up all of Jonah's haircut pictures. He was good and his haircut in turn looks better since he wasn't moving and crying and being difficult...
That afternoon we were off to nephew Peyton's birthday party. I can't believe he's 2! His mommy made the cutest monkey face mini-cupcakes.
They had a bounce house which entertained my boys the entire time! At the end when most of the guests had left I even joined in. It is a great workout. *wink* OK, and it's really fun!

Peyton loved trying to push me down. He was really cute.
Trying to tackle Daddy.
After the birthday party Raymond and I went on a double date with his brother Joe and wife Crystal. They treated us to dinner in honor of Raymond's recent birthday. It was great to go out and enjoy some time together without the kids around.Sunday was also a busy day. We had church, a fellowship meal after the service, and then it was time to run home and get ready for our big photo shoot! The fabulous Davi was going to be our photographer and we were doing a big family picture with Raymond's parents, siblings and their families.
We brought our camera to take pictures while Davi did the individual family shots. I haven't seen the pictures Davi took and I am so excited and anxious to see them! She was such a sweetheart and even helped me plan out our wardrobe. I emailed her pictures of clothes and we talked back and forth about what we should wear. I was afraid I was driving her crazy. She even loaned me her son's shirt and beanie for Jonah to use!
Here's just a glimpse of our shoot.
After doing the big family picture with everyone, Davi started with Joe and Crystal's family pictures since they had to leave early. The kids were hungry so I passed out dry Captain Crunch cereal.
Peyton had never had them before and he loved them. Sorry Angela!
We were out in the dry riverbed and there are weeds all over the place. Nathan wanted to be carried all the time because of the stickers and prickly foxtails getting in his shoes. We had to remove his socks and shoes several times to get them out.
Angela took these pictures of us while we were waiting around. A sneak peek, if you will.
There are a few good ones but I don't want to post too many yet until I have the other pictures!I think this picture is sweet.
I made Raymond take a bunch of pictures of me and yes I am vain enough to post a few. ;)
OK, these are just silly, I was getting ready to karate chop Raymond...
I am fierce!
That was my blurry foot in case you couldn't tell.
Sweet little Jonah.
I don't want to post any pictures of the other family members since they might want to do that themselves! I'd hate to spoil anything.
I will definitely post more later! We took about 350 pictures with our camera while on our photo shoot so I can't imagine how many Davi ended up taking during the entire session!!

10 comments:
Ok, I love that in almost all of your posts there is one of Nathan's cheesy smile!! He cracks me up! :)
I can't wait to see your pictures too!
350?????????????????? Dude, did you just take a picture every 15 seconds? You know, I'm sure by now you have plenty of practice with your camera..... :)
That is so funny about Nathan not liking getting his hair cut. Why is it so upsetting to him?
Wow Angela's cupcakes look awesome!
Danielle, I wasn't really taking the pictures, Raymond was! He also had it on the fast setting so it could easily take a few pictures each second. A lot of them were almost the exact same picture and a lot got deleted.
I don't know why Nathan cries!
Love love love this post =)
A little credit to my mom - she made MOST of the cupcakes =) AMAZING pictures!
In the last picture, Jonah has some sharp teeth! All of your outfits looked great and I can't wait to see the professional shots! How the heck did your hair get so long so quickly Sunny? it was just like last year that you had it short and dark. I am not so patiently waiting for my hair to grow out a bit.
April, I know! He has such sharp fangs! Hopefully when those baby teeth fall out the adult teeth will be rounder. I seem to remember someone who had very sharp teeth... Maybe he inherited them. ;)
Oh, and I just never cut my hair. Yep, I got it cut short last year and this is 1 year's growth. Maybe my hair grows faster than yours?
Your hair looks great... LOVE the color!!!!! cute pics, too :)
I love all these pictures.... especially the CUTE family ones (I cannot wait to see the rest of them, the ones that Davi took) and the ones of you karate chopping. hehe. you're so funny! And pretty too!! :)
I'm loving that we get to see so many great pictures of you and your cute boys now that you've got this new camera. yay!
ohhh I can't wait to see the pics you guys took!! Your family is just too cute and I love those pics of you at the end! LOL!!
Post a Comment