Friday, November 27, 2009

TWC- Week 5

Eeek, time is flying by and I can hardly keep up! I have so many posts I want to write but I haven't had a chance to. Sorry this post is a bit later in the day than usual, but I think most people are out shopping or enjoying time with family.

This week was not as good as I had hoped. It was really busy, we had Jonah's birthday party on Saturday (I was really impressed with myself, I didn't eat a cupcake!), Sunday we were gone all day long, and then horror of horrors, I had jury duty Monday and Tuesday. It was awful, I was really stressed out and I couldn't stop thinking about all the things I needed to do but couldn't because of being stuck on a jury. I actually went home Monday night and cried my eyes out because of the stress. It didn't help that Raymond was super busy at work and didn't come home until after the kids were in bed. Thankfully the trial was very quick and we were done late Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday I rebelled against everything on my to-do list and sat around at home and did nothing! I needed time to decompress. Thursday was obviously Thanksgiving and we were busy spending the day with family. Today I'm trying to get a few things done. I have a mountain of laundry and my house is a wreck!

What did all of that mean with diet and exercise? Well, it wasn't great. I didn't make it to the gym once but I did take a good long walk around town while I was on my lunch break during jury duty on Monday. I even walked up and down a long set of stairs several times just to get exercise in. Then I worked out at home this morning to try and undo some of yesterday's damage.

I didn't eat until I couldn't move yesterday! That was an accomplishment. And I was good in that I didn't eat any snacks/appetizers before our big meal. OK, I take it back, I had half of a cracker with some asparagus dip but that was it for snacks! I only had a little because I wanted to try the dip, but I didn't want to eat any more than that so I could save room for the rest of the food. I took a picture with my cellphone of my plate of food and sent it to the "food police" aka my sisters. I had mostly veggies on my plate! OK, so most of them were drowning in butter or cheese or some kind of cream sauce, but they were originally healthy vegetables. I even avoided the mashed potatoes and gravy. I did go back and get some seconds, but not too much. I also had a little bit of dessert.

I said I'd try to get a walk in, but that didn't happen. It wasn't because I sat around being lazy, I was helping Raymond's grandma in the kitchen by washing a bunch of dishes. I hardly sat down except when I was eating. Then right before we left to head home, Raymond and I raced each other up the hill the house sits on. It was TOUGH! We did it twice and were pretty out of breath. Haha! OK, so I lost both times, but my husband has much longer legs than I do and I think if we had tried a 3rd race I would have won. That's what I'm telling myself. So I did keep moving throughout the day which is better than me sitting around doing nothing like I used to.

My weight was up today but I hope it will go back down again.

What's your goal for this new week? I have got to get some more exercise in. I need to drink more water too!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

My week was really good. I have walked 19 miles so far this week (every day Monday-Friday) and am planning to do a few more tomorrow. I average around 8 cups of water a day and that really helps me feel full and not eat so much. I have pretty much cut out all snacking and even eat smaller meals and I actually feel full!! Thanksgiving was great for me! I was definitely full but not stuffed like usual. Today I am 2 pounds LIGHTER than last week so I actually did lose weight the week of Thanksgiving!!! Whoo-hoo!! This has put me below my 10 week goal weight so as long as I maintain it, I should be successful at New Year's!!! I am very excited to keep going with this! So far, so good!

Mommy Diffee said...

Ok I am joining in here. My week was OK but not great. I did really good on Thanksgiving but blew it with birthday festivities =( It has been too cold to go for walks in the mornings and the boys have colds, but I did start using mu oliptical (sp?) Well I used it twice ... so that is a lot for me. I lost 3 lbs this past week though!

Talia said...

While I know there were some eating missteps over the week of Thanksgiving for me, I also feel like I did so much better than I have in years past. I was never STUFFED- just satisfied.
However, I did not make it to the gym once, but I blame that on a horrible cold I got. hehe.
I can't believe we're half-way through... I don't feel like I've made much progress!! But I'm trying to be good all this month so I can blow it a little bit come Christmas time. :)