Friday, November 6, 2009

TWC- Week 2

Here we are, two weeks in! My brilliant idea has been quite the flop. Only 4 people left a comment last week so the odds of one of you winning is very good! ;) I must have made this giveaway too hard.

I said I was going to exercise, and I did get 3 days in at the gym for a total of 3 hours. I thought I'd exercise at home on my non-gym mornings but yeah, that didn't happen! At the gym I did two Zumba classes, which is a Latin dance style class (my absolute favorite exercise of all time because it is so fun!) and one was a half hour mix of cardio and strength exercises plus a half hour of Pilates. I love my classes!

This week I want to keep exercising and try to eat better. I have hardly been counting calories because we are busy so much of the time that I don't remember what I ate! I really need to get back to that. I know I won't be going to the gym tomorrow so I'll need to get another day of exercise in sometime to make sure I get at least 3 days next week. I also want to drink more water! I've been slacking on that lately.

Is there a tip you'd like to share? Any favorite exercise or new healthy food you've tried recently? Sometimes for a snack I've been eating thawed out frozen organic fruit like mixed berries, mangoes, and peaches. I bought a box of Triscuits and have been eating those once in a while. I normally do not like them (can you say cardboard?) but I found a new flavor- Cracked Pepper and Olive Oil and they are really good! I like to add a wedge of The Laughing Cow light cheese and smear a little bit on each cracker to change it up.

For those of you still with me on this challenge, thank you for sticking to it!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm still sticking with it! I even checked your blog early this morning to see if I could post yet. :) This week I have exercised 4 times and am planning on exercising again tomorrow. Water intake has been a bit less than I was hoping but yesterday I got at least 7 glasses of water in so I'm happy about that! The scale has also already been promising as I'm only 2 pounds from my 10 week goal weight. I'm so close I can taste it!
The goal for this coming week is to keep up with the exercise, eating right, and to NOT gain any weight back. Either I maintain my current weight or lose some more!
I don't really have any tips but yes I do love those pepper Triscuits! April always serves them at her house and I just bought a box of them yesterday and am about to open them right now for a little light snack before dinner. :) Don't lose heart! Even if no one else comments, keep doing what you're doing and think how good you'll feel at the end of the ten weeks!

Cheri said...

Sorry, I've been a terrible commenter lately! I was trying to think of how I could participate in your contest and I missed the boat! shoot!
My big idea was going to be how to feed my family on our new grocery budget....and see how far under I can come! ;)

Keep up your good work!! (I love our classes too.....even though my butt reeeeally hurts today! LOL)

April said...

I was so busy last Friday that I didn't have a chance to post and my efforts at meeting my mini goal was pretty pathetic. I did about 3 days of exercise when I wanted to get 5 in! This week I have done 4 days of exercise and am hoping to do something tomorrow but I guess tomorrow counts towards next weeks goal. Lowfat vanilla yogurt with granola is a great sweet treat and good for you! Those pepper triscuits are to die for and are pretty healthy too. I want to do 5 days of exercise next week and drink 8 glasses of water everday (I am so slacking on that!) Keep going, Sunny!

Kourtni said...

Well I think the eating habits thing is actually getting better if you don't count LAST NIGHT where we ate lasagne from Ceasars Deli (SOOO GOOD) and I had a gigantic piece of chocolate heath bar cake from Sweet Surrender. YIKES! I think it was good for me though!! I think I'm going to institute a once-a-week cheat day. I was talking with my dad and he knew a guy who lost a LOT of weight that way. He would stick to low calories and no desserts all week long and then every Friday he would cheat and eat whatever he wanted. I like it. lol

Mommy Diffee said...

You go girl! Sunny this is great but I would not take on any such callenge myself right now ... I am waiting until I start getting sleep again =) But I will cheer you on ... GO SUNNY GO!

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh and just because I am kinda a nut about health food I can give you a bunch of ideas for food ... but I will call you =)