We've been pretty busy around here. It seems like I have spurts where I want to blog about so many things and do post semi-regularly, and then spurts where even though I have lots of stuff I could blog about, I just really don't want to take the time and effort to do so. So here is going to be a long post about completely random things, LOL!
A couple of weeks ago I babysat my nephew and niece for the day. The kids all had fun playing together.
Miss Breanna, the only girl cousin so far. =)

Nathan and Andrew. Andrew is 5 months older than Nathan.
Then on a Saturday, the four of us went to our local pumpkin patch. I was rather disappointed with it. It was kinda lame. It was very small and we were the only people there!
There were a couple of rabbits and 2 or 3 chickens playing together in a large pen.


Photo opp!

Eeek, I am really scary looking! Serves me right for going out looking like a slob with no makeup on. ;)
The farmer offered to let us have a hayride. It was very nice of him to do so, especially since it was just for the 4 of us. It was *ahem* pretty pathetic since we simply rode around the very small pumpkin field. We were told to look for the biggest pumpkin. He never did tell us which one was the biggest one, and we didn't really see one that stood out as biggest of them all. I wish I had a picture of the pumpkin field. It had mostly rotting pumpkins left in it. :S
We let the boys pick out a pumpkin to bring home. With all of the hot weather we've had there were not a lot of good ones to chose from. I'm sure a lot of people have already been through and purchased the best ones anyway. We finally agreed on this one.


Next year, I am going to take the family to a better pumpkin patch! Who cares if we have to drive 30-45 minutes. I took a bunch more pictures but they were all blurry! I am so sad! OK, I really need suggestions on a good point and shoot camera. The one we have isn't even a year old yet but it is taking awful pictures now. :(
Wanna know something really weird about my house? There is a spot right by the front door where GRASS grows up through the carpet. Oh my word, it drives me crazy! But every once in a while, I have to go pluck it out. Notice how there is one strand that even grows up through the baseboard along the floor. It's freaking ridiculous!


Last week was my husband's birthday. The kids gave him a Nerf gun. They helped me wrap the present.

They also wanted me to take pictures of them doing goofy things.

You can pretty much always find Nathan stripped down to his diaper at home. I can't keep clothes on him. He would rather strip everywhere else we go as well but I try to discourage that.
Like I said, I am not good at wrapping presents, LOL! Nathan added the extra tape.

Then when Daddy came home, it was finally time to have him open his presents. The kids loved playing with the Nerf gun.
Raymond's present from me was a Bocce ball set. He was very excited to get that because he has wanted it for a while now. The three of them played an inside version while I finished up dinner.
It was really funny because Nathan had a cold and his voice has been rather froggy sounding because of the congestion. While Raymond was opening the birthday cards he received in the mail he told Nathan, who had been talking a lot, "You sound funny!" Nathan protested and said, "I still a baby!" Raymond and I cracked up!
After dinner, we did a quick birthday cupcake celebration before Raymond had to leave to go to his officer training class at church.
I am a regular Martha Stewart, huh? ;)
Jonah was rather disappointed that we were having lemon cupcakes. He wanted chocolate but I told him that since it was Daddy's birthday and it is Daddy's favorite that's what we were having and that when it is Jonah's birthday, we can have chocolate. Once he actually tried it, he realized lemon was not so bad after all. He and I would still rather have chocolate though. :)


Happy Birthday!
A couple of weeks ago I babysat my nephew and niece for the day. The kids all had fun playing together.
Miss Breanna, the only girl cousin so far. =)

Nathan and Andrew. Andrew is 5 months older than Nathan.
Then on a Saturday, the four of us went to our local pumpkin patch. I was rather disappointed with it. It was kinda lame. It was very small and we were the only people there!There were a couple of rabbits and 2 or 3 chickens playing together in a large pen.


Photo opp!
Eeek, I am really scary looking! Serves me right for going out looking like a slob with no makeup on. ;)
The farmer offered to let us have a hayride. It was very nice of him to do so, especially since it was just for the 4 of us. It was *ahem* pretty pathetic since we simply rode around the very small pumpkin field. We were told to look for the biggest pumpkin. He never did tell us which one was the biggest one, and we didn't really see one that stood out as biggest of them all. I wish I had a picture of the pumpkin field. It had mostly rotting pumpkins left in it. :S
We let the boys pick out a pumpkin to bring home. With all of the hot weather we've had there were not a lot of good ones to chose from. I'm sure a lot of people have already been through and purchased the best ones anyway. We finally agreed on this one.

Next year, I am going to take the family to a better pumpkin patch! Who cares if we have to drive 30-45 minutes. I took a bunch more pictures but they were all blurry! I am so sad! OK, I really need suggestions on a good point and shoot camera. The one we have isn't even a year old yet but it is taking awful pictures now. :(
Wanna know something really weird about my house? There is a spot right by the front door where GRASS grows up through the carpet. Oh my word, it drives me crazy! But every once in a while, I have to go pluck it out. Notice how there is one strand that even grows up through the baseboard along the floor. It's freaking ridiculous!


Last week was my husband's birthday. The kids gave him a Nerf gun. They helped me wrap the present.

They also wanted me to take pictures of them doing goofy things.

You can pretty much always find Nathan stripped down to his diaper at home. I can't keep clothes on him. He would rather strip everywhere else we go as well but I try to discourage that.

Like I said, I am not good at wrapping presents, LOL! Nathan added the extra tape.


Then when Daddy came home, it was finally time to have him open his presents. The kids loved playing with the Nerf gun.

Raymond's present from me was a Bocce ball set. He was very excited to get that because he has wanted it for a while now. The three of them played an inside version while I finished up dinner.
It was really funny because Nathan had a cold and his voice has been rather froggy sounding because of the congestion. While Raymond was opening the birthday cards he received in the mail he told Nathan, who had been talking a lot, "You sound funny!" Nathan protested and said, "I still a baby!" Raymond and I cracked up!After dinner, we did a quick birthday cupcake celebration before Raymond had to leave to go to his officer training class at church.
I am a regular Martha Stewart, huh? ;)
Jonah was rather disappointed that we were having lemon cupcakes. He wanted chocolate but I told him that since it was Daddy's birthday and it is Daddy's favorite that's what we were having and that when it is Jonah's birthday, we can have chocolate. Once he actually tried it, he realized lemon was not so bad after all. He and I would still rather have chocolate though. :)

Happy Birthday!


5 comments:
Happy birthday Brubz! What is "officer training" at church? Is Raymond going to be a church officer?! I think a new camera is on EVERYONE'S lists this year girlie! =) XOXO
Your boys look so cute at the pumpkin patch! Sorry it was so small though. Your pumpkin looks really green in the photos. Is that how it really is? Next year you should definitely take a drive and go somewhere nicer! We drove an hour to that orchard a few weeks ago and it was really nice and worth the time to go out there. :)
That is so weird about the grass! How can it grow inside the house? Very odd.
such fun pictures! And as always, you crack me up. I don't know why, but your blogs and commentaries always make me laugh-- in a very good way! :)
Next year, come to the pumpkin patch out by us!! Oh it's the best ever--SO CUTE. You will LOVE it.
I'm totally cracking up at the grass growing in your house!!!! You should totally share that with Jessica. Do you remember her story about the MUSHROOMS growing in her carpet at their last house?? TOO FUNNY.
HAHA! I love your grassy carpet!!! =D
Post a Comment