Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday to my Dear Jonah!

Dear Jonah,

Five years ago on this day you were born. I had no idea if you would be a Jonah Davin or an Aurora Grace until the doctor announced "It's a boy!" as he held your wriggly little body up to show me.

Moments after giving birth.
You were born on November 21, 2003 at 6:51 am, weighing in at 8 pounds, 3 oz.
You have been such a blessing to Daddy and me ever since.
Your first Christmas Card photo, taken just a couple of weeks after you were born.

You are my firstborn and you always will be. You've taught me what it is to be a Mom, how to love someone so much you'd do anything for them. I hurt when you are hurt. I'm filled with joy when you are happy.

First birthday party.

One year old picture.
Your second birthday.

Opening presents at home.

Your third birthday party. Your favorite thing in the whole world was the movie "Cars".You're 3!


Your fourth birthday.
The Spiderman party we had for you.
And today you're five! I can't wait to celebrate with you and take you to some of your favorite places this morning, the inflatable bounce house place and the yummy fun pizza buffet restaurant that you love. Tomorrow we'll have your party with family and your best friend. I'm excited because for the first time you really get that it is your birthday. You've been counting down the days for a long time. I can never not do anything or let your birthday slide now because you know and care and I love it!

I wish you did not have to grow up so fast. And although I really miss that little baby that was placed in my arms five years ago, I know that I am blessed to watch you grow and be your Mommy. I praise God for you, my little boy. I hope you know and will always know that I love you so much!

Happy Birthday!

2008 Preschool picture

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy birthday Jonah!! The post was so cute but made me sad that I've missed all those birthdays. You need to move out here so I can help him celebrate from now on!!! And oh my word, that last pic!! What is he, in high school now? He looks so grown up! Didn't even have a goofy kid smile like normal kids do. Haha.

April said...

Aww!! I totally am about to cry, I can't believe five years have passed since this delightfully goofy boy entered our lives and made it that much sweeter! It was fun seeing the pictures of the past birthdays and my gosh, his preschool picture makes him look as though he is ten! How fast they grow. Happy birthday Jonah!!!!

Kourtni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAH! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love ya!

Talia said...

I am so behind on commenting, it's not even funny. :)

I loved this sweet little post about your boy. Gosh, he looks SO grown up in that last picture, it's unbelievable! He's so handsome.
Hope he had a GREAT birthday!

bandofbrothers said...

what a sweetie pie! happy birthday Jonah!