Monday, December 1, 2008

Feeling Rather Blah These Days

Ugh, I am not blogging very much lately. And my other blog? Ha, right now I'm not even sure why I have that one since I rarely ever post on it.

Life has been busy. Jonah had his birthday party, then we had Thanksgiving, and then we did some Christmas shopping on Saturday. It might just be me, but I am so not ready for Christmas. It doesn't help that I've had a stupid cold for over a week now and just haven't been feeling like myself. But even the thought of decorating has me wanting to hide in the corner. Raymond offered to do the decorating over the weekend with the kids but since I wasn't feeling well, I wanted him to wait. I usually am so geared up for getting Christmas cards mailed out. I used to try and mail them on December 1st! Hmmm, that would be today, and yeah, all I've done is bought some paper but I've done nothing else yet. I almost think I don't even want to do cards this year. That is not how I normally am. I usually thrive on Christmas cards. I wrote a blog about how much I love them on my Myspace last year. I don't know what's going on with me. I'm just feeling blah. My birthday is on Saturday. Maybe that's it. I'm getting older, my hair is seriously getting gray in spots (I have a box of haircolor waiting to be used this afternoon!) and I have no motivation to do anything. Maybe it's the colder weather that has me wanting to spend my entire day in my bathrobe (I am dressed, I just have the bathrobe on to keep warm), sipping hot tea. All I know is, I am just not with it right now. I'm in a funk.

Raymond and I have been making a few little and big decisions. Some fun, some not so fun.

Sorry for sounding so down. I hope I'll be back to my "sunny" self soon. :)

I am grateful for Thanksgiving and the time for reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for. There are too many things to list, but at the top is Jesus' gift of salvation, family, friends, my blog buddies, and somewhere on my list is Roy. ;)

I'm babysitting for a friend right now, and I actually love doing that because it gives my kids someone to play with and they don't fight like they normally do when it's just the two of them! My kids also leave me alone, haha.

So this afternoon I am going to quit with the pity party, clean up my kitchen, dye my hair as soon as my kids' friend is picked up, work on thank you notes from Jonah's birthday, and I'll hopefully get over this cold soon and start feeling happy and cheerful again.

I'll try to post pictures from Jonah's birthday party sometime this week and get back to my shout-outs. Sheesh, that is taking a very long time to get done. Sorry about that!

This was a rather rambly (okay, that's a made up word) blog but I wanted you to know I'm here, I'm alive, and I am reading your blogs even if I'm not leaving comments or posting on mine.

4 comments:

Kourtni said...

Sounds like we need to have a GIRLS NIGHT OUT!! I'm definitely going to call you and get your booty over here to hang out with me. I'm sorry you've been feeling blah. We need to do something fun. ;)

April said...

Having those days are not so fun but they happen. Its okay to feel blah every once in a while. Hope you are feeling better soon!

bandofbrothers said...

Ah, you poor thing. It is very overwhelming if you have a cold and are feeling pressure to write thank you cards--that alone would put anyone in a funk! Hang in there friend!

Talia said...

what a horrible commenter I've been lately!! Boo to me.
But I do faithfully read all your blogs, my dear, I promise. :)
I hope by now you are feeling better and more like yourself. I completely understand "the blahs", and there are so many different reasons for them to appear. But yes, I agree with Kourtni, we need a girls night out!! :)