Talia is at Rejoicings and Ramblings. She and her family had moved to California from Nebraska during the time that I was dating my husband. Talia's father was the new pastor of the sister congregation of Raymond's church. Raymond had a lot of friends that went to that church and he'd visit often, usually attending the Sunday evening worship services there. I first met her during one of my trips. She was just as sweet and friendly as she is now. We ended up emailing each other once in a while and I got to know her a bit better. Now, since I was on the opposite side of the country and out of sight and out of mind for most people, I later heard that a few of Raymond's friends and acquaintances thought Raymond should dump me and date sweet Talia. It might have been more teasing than serious, I am not sure. Thankfully as nice and wonderful as she is, Raymond was devoted to me and paid no attention to these people. Talia ended up dating her now husband Jeremy, and a few months after I got married and moved here, I attended her own wedding.
Sorry for the very poor quality photos. I'm taking pictures of pictures since my scanner is being weird.

She ended up living just a couple of blocks away from me and we had our first babies within a couple of months of each other.
Then we had our second babies exactly 2 months apart. I don't have pictures of Annabelle and Nathan together as babies. :( We moved further away so I don't see her nearly as often.Here's a picture of the two of them at Vacation Bible School this past summer.

She is currently pregnant with her third baby now and yeah, I missed that boat. ;)
Talia is very creative, she has a really pretty house with this vintage style that I love. Her house feels like home to anyone who is welcomed in. She's extremely crafty and makes the sweetest cards that she lovingly writes notes in to encourage you or to just say she was thinking of you. She plays the piano and teaches lessons. I'd love to someday have a piano and be able to take lessons from her. My parents never saw the value of playing a musical instrument. I wonder why? :S (Kidding!) She posts delicious recipes on her blog that she calls "Tasty Tuesdays" and they will make you drool! I've been blessed with the opportunity to try some of her cooking and baking (those scones!) and tasty hardly begins to describe it!
I don't see her very often since we go to different churches and live in different towns now but I am delighted to keep up with her and her family through her blog. She has such a kind spirit and I don't think I've ever heard her say anything bad about anyone! She really is a joyous little wife and I have a lot to learn from her example. She is just the kind of friend you want to have for life because she is very uplifting, thoughtful and godly. I've really enjoyed getting to know her over the years and I know we will be friends for a long time! If you're not already reading her blog, you really should check it out because it will encourage you and her cheerful attitude will bless you, as it has me many times over.
I'm totally going to cheat and write about Talia's two sisters here, even though one of them is not in alphabetical order. I'm also sort of combining them since I don't know one of them better than the other.
Jerusha writes over at Short But Sweet. Her younger sister Lydia writes at Sweet Nothings. They are both Talia's younger sisters. I met them at the same time I met Talia. Jerusha and Lydia were these cute little girls who hung around and played board games with everyone and they'd laugh and giggle while having fun with the group. They are part of a big family (there are 6 siblings) and they always welcomed everyone over to their house for meals, games and fun. My husband would spend a lot of time over at their house before we got married and so did a lot of the other young people and couples. After I moved here, Jerusha and Lydia's mom had a girls' Bible study that we had over at their house and I remember one particular time when the topic was modesty and we all had fun putting on little skits together in teams. The girls have learned a lot of cooking skills from their mom and I remember eating their yummy Monster cookies!
They are both doting aunties to their nieces and nephew. I remember that after Talia got married, she still invited her sisters over once in a while to do a slumber party or girls' night. It was so fun to watch these sisters and see how close they were, especially since I was so far away from my own sisters. I loved seeing pictures on Myspace of the girls all going to a department store and dressing up in formal gowns and prom dresses, taking pictures just for fun. They are all a really fun bunch! It was really hard for these sisters when Jerusha and Lydia moved away with the family to Colorado a few years back. I know they don't get to see each other nearly as often as they'd like but when they do, they have so much fun together and reminisce over good memories all the while making new ones! And they all usually blog about it so you get to see a glimpse of it!
Jerusha is following in her mom and Talia's footsteps by baking some very yummy sounding desserts that she blogs about. Lydia is a talented photographer which she has learned from her dad and she posts some beautiful shots she has taken.
I don't think I have any old pictures of them. :(
These girls help me remember what it's like to be 18 and 20. :) It's been fun to keep in touch with them through their blogs and see what they are growing up to be. They are both responsible and mature and are just really great girls.
I'm so sorry I've dragged this shout-out thing on for so long! I've been procrastinating and just plain unmotivated to blog lately. I'll try to get it done and wrapped up soon!


4 comments:
Oh fun post to read. I totally wasn't clued into the whole... dump Sunny and marry Talia thing. That's funny. You poor thing. Raymond was ALWAYS ALWAYS meant just for you! lol.....
Where in the WORLD did you dig up that picture of the 3 of us?? MY ARMS are HUGE!
aw, Sunny!!!! Geez, I don't even know what to say, you totally left me speechless with all those wonderful things you said about me. I don't deserve it all, but I will just say a humble thank you and leave it at that. :) You are such a dear friend, and reading this made me miss hanging out with you so much!!
our babies together... so cute. :) And I love that one of the three of us girls. We all look so different then!
Also, I cannot believe anyone ever thought that about Raymond and me...!! Like Kourtni said, he was totally meant for you, and he could certainly NOT have found a better wife. Isn't it great that the Lord pairs us up and NOT other people! :)
loved what you said about my dear sisters too! I know how much you relate to my sisters and me, having somewhat the same situations yourself with your two lovely sisters. Ah, sisters!
Kourtni, your arms are not HUGE! Silly girl!
Talia, we totally need a girls' night out. We should plan one for after the holidays! I've missed hanging out with you too. I'm glad you liked your shout-out!
Aw, what a sweet and fun post! thank you! and yes, having sisters really truly is the best thing ever. and we're totally alike in the 3 sister thing too, so yay for that. :)
your shout-out posts are such fun!
Post a Comment