So... it's time (actually way overdue!) for our annual Family Christmas Card Photo Shoot and I decided I wanted to get my hair cut before we take pictures. Raymond was home sick most of this week with a bad cold so Thursday morning I decided to run some errands alone and go ahead and get a haircut. I chose a place to walk in to and get it done. I told the girl I wanted my hair off of my shoulders. Now I've always had just above shoulder length hair or longer my entire life. I've always been too afraid to cut my hair really short. I don't know, I worry it won't look good and I won't like it. The girl confirmed that this would mean an inch or an inch and a half of hair. Yep, sounds right to me.
Before photo- Being goofy while we decorated the tree. See, my hair is a little longer than I wanted it.
So the girl starts cutting. I'm blind as a bat with my glasses off so I'm happy to let her do her thing. I told her that I have a bunch of layers in my hair but I want to grow the shorter ones out, that I had some style that looks awesome when I leave the salon but I can NEVER reproduce on my own at home so my hair looks stupid all of the time. I told her I can't use a round brush to save my life, which was essential to keep my old hairstyle cute, and I just want to be able to keep my hair straight and have it look okay. She seems to understand what I'm saying.
She finishes cutting and asks me if I want her to blowdry it (it costs more money to do that at this place, it's one of those kinds of cheap places) and I say fine. She gets out a round brush and proceeds to style my hair. I'm a little nervous, wondering, am I going to have to do that to make it look okay with the way she has cut it? I hope not!
Okay, she's done and I put my glasses back on. OH!.... UM.... WOW!
When I said I wanted it off my shoulders, she took it seriously!
My hair is now pretty much chin length. I've had this now for a couple of days and I'm still not sure if I really like it or not. I am about to straighten it to see if it looks like total crap or not once I post this blog.
I've always thought short hair was cute but that long hair was gorgeous and more feminine. No offense to any of you with short hair.
Now I'm afraid I look like either A.- a little girl or B.- an older "Mom" (you know what I mean, right?)
And seriously, is this haircut going to look stupid straight, or what happens more often than not, just air dried after a shower and brushed??
What have I done?
Just in time for Family Christmas Card Photos too! Go me! :S
Saturday, December 13, 2008
I Am Not Sure What To Think Yet...
Posted by Sunny at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
I absoultely love your hair that way, and I can't wait to see it in person in about an hour! =)
I still really like it. I think it should turn out okay with being air dried and maybe finishing off a few pieces with a flat iron if need be. Your hair is much more straighter than Dani or mine so you might be able to get away with it. Let me know how it turns out!
Sunny, It's gorgeous! I love it. It's a good style for you.
I don't think you look little or like a mom at all. I think it looks really, really good. I suck at the round brush thing too. I used a flat iron or a big curling iron to make it flip under.
I think you look really pretty with it like that! Is that better? Not "cute" but pretty?? :) I agree that short hair does tend to look more "cute" (and usually chic too, and who doesn't want that?) rather than the traditional sense of "gorgeous, feminine hair" but long hair isn't all that if you don't have the right type!! Some long hair looks really trendy to me when it is super straight, or really old-fashioned when it is too long... so I dunno. I guess everyone's opinion is different. Anyway, let me know how your hair looks now without the professional doing the styling!
I think you look beautiful! It's a great cut for your face!
Oh,I think it's totally pretty!! You look way cute!
oh, I love it!!! It looks so pretty on you!! Sometimes a change is so fun, and this is definitely a look you can pull off. Woowoo, hot mama! ;)
I really do love it Sunny...and it sooo does NOT look like old, stay-at-home mom hair! Please! :-)
I think it looks great!! you definitely have the right face for that kind of hairstyle! You'll have to let us know how the staightening went.
I love it I love it I love it! It looks so stylish =) And at least you did not have YELLOW hair for Thanksgiving like when we took our pictures! I am sure yours will be much better! By the way ... how did the pics turn out? Did you find one you really liked?
HI Sunny! I read your blog every once in a while and have never commented, but could not help myself on this one! I LOOOOVE your hair. Seriously, coming from someone who just cut off 11 inches and feels the same way about long hair being I don't know, more desirable... I'm curious what your husband thinks. My husband loves mine and I honestly think it's a more attractive look for a LOT of women- shorter hair. You have a beautiful face to show off!
Your hair looks AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment