Sorry for the lack of blogging here. I've certainly lost steam in keeping up with my blog. I'm generally unmotivated to post for some reason. Just feeling rather blah lately.
But I've also been busy with-
*lots of homeschooling- I can hardly believe the school year is winding down. Two months left!
*celebrating my sweet little Nathan's 4th birthday (pictures and a proper post to come.... someday?)
*going through the kids' clothes and filling up the trunk of my car several times to make donations to Goodwill- it feels good to get rid of stuff! And my little house needs some good de-junking!
*trying to make time to read books, which I haven't done in what feels like a loooong time and I have really missed it! Blogs, Facebook and magazines just aren't the same. :)
*and finally, trying to make my kitchen look cuter by painting it! We've lived in our house for 5 years and have never done anything in the kitchen. It is definitely time to decorate! My fabulously wonderful dear friend Cheri is going to sew me some curtains so I can get rid of my hideous plastic mini-blinds. I can't wait till everything is done (whenever that is). It takes me forever to do stuff! I'm a huge procrastinator. Oh wait, you probably knew that by now...
A sneak peak of the kitchen:
Can you believe I was so excited to get started that I forgot to take before pictures?! So I dug up some pictures from my recent birthday party with the whole family to give you an idea of the before...
I bought a sample can of paint to try out the color I thought I wanted... just to be sure it was not ugly. I slapped it on so fast as soon as I got home from the store without thinking, hmmm, I should take pictures before I do this! Oh, well!
Did you notice the ugly 1950's tile in the lower left-hand corner? Yeah, it keeps me from going wild and painting a bright color on the walls.A sample of the fabric I bought to be made into curtains. Eeeeeeeeee! I can't wait until they are done!

Now that I see this picture, I notice there are holes in the wall that I should have tried to spackle over before I painted. Oops. Let's just say the 50+ year old walls have a lot of character and leave it at that. Yeah, that's what I'm going for...
My kitchen is narrow and long, sort of galley style. It has 2 windows that face west so there is a lot of light that comes in. We're going to repaint the cupboards soon but keep them white, to keep the brown walls from being too dark and overwhelming. Now to find something to hang on the wall under my clock... It is the only big, solid wall in the kitchen. I need help and ideas!
So there you go, that's what has been keeping me busy here lately!



5 comments:
First year of homeschooling almost over ... really?! That went fast!
The paint! How fun I love it!
The curtain fabric is so you, perfect!
Looks like you have been having some fun =)
It's sooooo pretty!!! And I can tell you taped-off. LOL. Not like a certain friend of yours. *hides* I can't wait to see the curtains!!!! I am shopping for new curtains myself and I'm thinking it might be best to go the route you are going and pick out fabric and make them. It looks great!!!!
Its looking great! Can't wait to see the finished project!
Isn't it amazing how great a little paint can make you feel?! Looks great! And I think the paint color and curtains will do a GREAT job of making you love your "vintage" tile. They all seem to really tie things together.
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE It. Love that booth in your kitchen too, wow. What an adorable space. And that fabric- that room is going to look awesome.
Post a Comment