OK, so I'm not sure who even wants to still read about our trip to Chicago that was 3 months ago, but here goes.
The boys just adore my parents' little dog, Rimshot. They wanted to play with him a lot. My sister Danielle overheard Nathan tell the dog, "You're so adorable!" Nathan did have the habit of calling Rimshot "Jasmine" early on in our trip, a small dog that belongs to my friend Cheri.Christmas was rapidly approaching and we got even more snow to play in. We bought some snow boots for the kids while we were there, which was much more expensive than I thought it would be. Target did not have cheapie boots. Bleh. We found some snowsuits/pants that would work at the Goodwill, which saved us some money. It helped keep the kids warm and dry.
I know I look ridiculous, but I was borrowing my mom's coat and boots since I didn't have anything really suitable for playing in the snow.
Danielle joined us outside.
My parents didn't have a sled of any sort, and I didn't think to buy a plastic one when we were out and about. So, a piece of cardboard it was!
Christmas morning arrived and we were all very excited. Food was being prepared in the kitchen and making the house smell delicious. Colorful presents were waiting under the tree. But most importantly, Danielle was completely unaware that her boyfriend was going to make a surprise appearance. He had given her a very lame excuse that he had to stay with his family Christmas Day, even though they didn't have a big family gathering happening that day in Wisconsin. Little did she know the scheme we cooked up...
Does your mother insist on keeping your childhood stocking and refuse to let you have it like my mom?
It just so happened that April's family pulled up into the driveway just moments before Sam arrived. Danielle was downstairs on the computer and was in no hurry to come upstairs. Sam ducked into the house along with April's family, but we didn't have to worry since Dani was still downstairs. We couldn't believe we pulled it off!
She had made it very clear to us that she was sad that Sam wasn't here with her. She even posted on Facebook, "Danielle (Last Name) doesn't think she'll get what she really wants for Christmas this year. Siiiiiiiigh. If only someone lived a little closer....."
We were all gathered around upstairs, trying not to giggle, while Dani was deciding to put some Christmas music on. After what seemed like ages she finally sauntered upstairs while we all looked on expectantly. Raymond was armed and ready with the camera. Totally clueless as to why he wanted to take her picture, she gave a big grin.
She spotted him, sitting quietly on the couch in the corner of the living room.
Rimshot didn't really care what was going on as long as people paid attention to him.
Blake was enjoying his first Christmas.
I love this picture of my mom and Blake. So cute!
The rain turned into snow and the ground started accumulating gentle white snowflakes again...
to be continued, I promise to eventually wrap this up!

5 comments:
LOL I love that you are still blogging Christmas ... it is the never ending post =) But I am glad you are posting all of this cuteness, it is fun to read! XOXO
I think I may be inspired to go back and blog Christmas, since I STILL haven't started. There is nothing as special as Christmas with family! and yours is beautiful.
Awww reading over it again brings back such sweet memories! It feels like AGES ago, not just 3 months!!
OH those turkey bags are the BEST. The year I had to cook the turkey... when I was 9 months preggo and my mom and sister ditched us and went to HAWAII!!!... ugh... can you tell I'm not over this yet?? Anyway... that year I used one of those bags. I had never baked a turkey before and it was SO GOOD. I think it would be easy to turn out dry with how long you have to cook them. The bag saved the day. ;)
Your pictures are sooo cute!! I for one am very happy you are still doing the xmas post! I love reading about it and seeing all the cutness.
I love reading about your Christmas and your wonderful family, Sunny!! It's been so fun. How lovely to think we still have more to look forward to. :)
It is so cute how Dani's boyfriend suprised her... So fun!!!
ps. this is just something that might make blogging these posts with all the photos SO much easier for you... do you have a photobucket or flickr account? If so, just bulk upload all the photos to there, and then all you have to do is copy and paste the html code for each picture into your post text exactly where you want it. I hate uploading photos to blogger though... maybe you don't mind it, in which case, carry on. hehe :)
Post a Comment