Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chicago, Part 2

I'm almost too embarrassed to finish this up since it has taken forever!

Let's see, where was I? One day we went to April's house for a bit and then followed her over to her hubby's work so we could see him in action.

I modeled with baby Blake at April's first.


My brother-in-law James works for a national bank and has his picture hanging on the wall when you first enter the building. I had to take a picture, even though the glare from the windows was terrible.
James was happy to show off his little man to his co-workers and even a few customers.
Sister Danielle ended up opening a checking account so she'd have access to her money when she travels, a luxury she did not have with her old local bank.

After getting lunch at Chipotle, we stopped at a little place that is a chocolate lover's heaven: Ethel's!
It is a divine chocolate shop! I have never had better chocolate. My sisters introduced me to it a couple of years ago, and sometimes they are dear sisters and bring me some when they visit! If you're ever in Vegas or Chicago, find one of these lounges. It is the cutest place. It would make a great girls' night out location. They even call it "A place to chocolate and chit chat".

Dad and Mom

Yes, they have liqueur filled chocolates. You even have to be 21 to buy them. HAHA! I'd like to see someone get drunk off of those. I think you'd get sick from eating so much chocolate before you could get drunk.
The employees seemed to think we were a little nuts because we took so many pictures.

My sisters chose these chocolates for themselves
I spotted some huge chocolate covered strawberries that looked absolutely delicious. I wanted one, that is, until I found out that those juicy, yummy things were $5. Each. Oh my! Never mind.

I decided to instead buy myself something that would last- a cute keepsake to remember my trip by.
pictures I took at home after I got back
When I presented my mug to the cashier, he asked me if my name was Ethel. He explained that a lot of people buy them because their own name is Ethel, or they are going to send it to an aunt or grandma named Ethel. I told him, "No, and thank the Good Lord for that!" We both laughed. No offense to any readers named Ethel. :wink:

I also bought some chocolates for my husband, who very much enjoys them. It was a thank you gift for letting me go away for a whole week! I got him a small box since it is not cheap. I wish I could have bought a huge box and eaten them all up myself.

After our time at Ethel's, my sisters and I were able to walk around the town we were in. Our parents decided to go home, and frankly we were glad they did so we could get some sister time in. *ahem* Blake slumbered in his stroller the whole time so it was easy to have him tag along.


We took all sorts of pictures of each other and had so much fun.


Danielle ended up losing the green bracelet she is wearing in this picture. When we were getting down off of the ledge, she jumped down a little too forcefully and her bracelet flew off of her wrist and across the floor of the bridge and into the water with a little splash. Oops! She was glad she didn't spend a lot on it, but if I remember correctly, she had recently purchased it and had not gotten to wear it much! Maybe the ducks will get to wear it.





An action shot. It took me a few times to take the picture at the right time!



Hopefully I will wrap the Chicago trip up soon and blog a little more frequently.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm glad you got to go and have fun! And I was really glad when you finally came home! :)

bandofbrothers said...

Sunny! You look absolutely stunning in all of these photos! You are positively glowing! And those chocolates...wow. they do look divine. glad you had so much fun on your trip.

April said...

Only took you 4 months to blog about it...lol!

Unknown said...

Wow your pictures turned out great! So many that need framed now! Glad you had fun, but glad you are home!

Kourtni said...

I want to go to Ethel's!!! Looks really fun! I love your pictures. You look beautiful in ALL of them!!!

Danielle said...

Yay for more blogging! Fun to read! And I had already forgotten I lost my bracelet that day. Lol.