Thursday, July 9, 2009

Getting Ready


I am so excited, I am leaving in the morning for a weekend women's retreat at the beach! I can't wait to spend time with other ladies. It'll be full of devotions, fellowship, food, shopping, and a lot of fun! I will be back Sunday afternoon/evening and hopefully feel refreshed and ready to take on life again. I'm packing up and getting anxious to start the weekend. I know my boys are going to have fun with Daddy, I think they're going to see a movie while I am gone. My very pregnant SIL will take care of the kids for me tomorrow morning, as long as she doesn't go into labor, of course. Around noon, my FIL will pick them up and take them to his house until my husband gets off of work. I'll be spending the weekend with my MIL, dear friend Cheri, and her MIL as well! I think we'll have around 17 ladies together total at one beach house. It'll be cozy but hopefully fun! I'll get to meet up with another friend, Kourtni, who has been at the beach all week staying at her grandparents' empty house while they are on vacation.

Whoo-hoo!

Best of all, this retreat only cost me a $10 registration fee and I'm responsible to bring dessert for Saturday night. Isn't that FABULOUS? I'll have to buy lunch each day, and I might do additional shopping, but that is a steal! It helps that we're staying at a house that one of the ladies owns. :) I'm also carpooling so I don't have to drive, although I will pitch in some gas money. I don't want to mooch off of the driver, right Cheri? ;)

I will add this weekend's experience to my list of "100 Things I Need to Blog About" that keeps growing...

So it might be Christmas time when you finally hear about this trip. ;)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hope you are having a great time!! It sounds wonderful. I am jealous!

Mommy Diffee said...

I too am jealous! It sounds amazing! I hope you guys are having a great time ... I think you have my dear Kate with you also right ...? SO JEALOUS! The boys were angels (wild angels) but angels none the less =) See ya when you get home!