That might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it is how I am feeling lately. I'm trying so hard to get organized and accomplish tasks that I'd much rather put off. I'm training myself to get up earlier, to complete chores and tasks when all I really want to do is lay on the couch and read, to make a schedule and try to follow it. It's a lot of work when you're a champion procrastinator like me! And my poor little blog has to be at the bottom of my priority list, as evidenced by posts about events that took place months ago! Some of that was pure laziness on my part though! I have to be in the right mood to blog, and lately I've been feeling uncreative and boring so I haven't blogged much at all.
So what has resulted from this life rehaul? I've ordered and received all of my homeschool curriculum, I've purchased all of our school supplies, and our official start date is August 10th! If anyone is interested, I'm thinking of posting a blog on what books we are planning to use. I'm involved in a Bible study that is making me think and drawing my heart closer to the Lord. I've been praying more, which is so good for my soul. My house is a little cleaner and organized for longer periods of time than it usually is. I'm taking more time to play with the kids- games, a couple crafts, working on them with educational-but-so-fun-you-don't-realize-you're-learning activities. We acquired three bookshelves from my husband's parents and I've been so excited to have places to put all of our books that we've recently purchased. I've been cleaning my church for a month and getting into a routine there. I've worked a couple of times at the courthouse and not completely crashed and done nothing else at home once the assignment was over like I usually do. I've generally been feeling happy that I'm working hard and seeing the fruit of my labor.
There is still a lot to do. Things that have fallen behind or neglected when it shouldn't be. I don't talk to my parents on my video phone regularly enough. I need to make time for that. I need to work with my kids on their memory verses for Sunday School (and soon Awana!) better. I actually wrote out this week's verse on a post-it note and stuck it to the steering wheel of my car so we can practice while driving around. We seem to be in the car a lot more than we used to be. I hope it will be the perfect time to work on it since we're all strapped in and there is not much else to do but focus on memorization!
And just so this post won't be without pictures, here are some from when we made puppets! We went to our local library a couple weeks ago to see a puppet show. It was very well done and after we arrived home, we were inspired to make our own puppets. Sorry, the pictures are rather dark.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Life Rehaul
Posted by Sunny at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I'm going to have to get myself into gear now. You are my inspiration!! Your puppets remind me of Fandango and make me want to go to the movies!!
Aw, I love the puppets! Sunny, you are doing a great job as a wife and mother and I am proud of your commitment to improve in different areas of your life. We all need a bit of encouragement and inspiration at times. Thanks for being MY inspiration!! Love ya.
Your puppet is best! Haha. Good for you to be motivated for all that stuff. I know it is too easy to laze about and do nothing! I hope homeschool helps you stay on a good schedule.
You go girl! I love all the motivation! You are too cute =) The puppets look like they were a lot of fun, I love craft days! You are going to be a teacher in just a few weeks ... so exciting!
Post a Comment