Ah, the good ole government wants us all to stimulate the economy. This is how we spent our money. =)
This is one of the bedroom windows in the boys' room.
Presto Change-o!
New vinyl window that doesn't crank open! Hooray!
Our old master bathroom window (sorry, it's a really dark picture)-
And now the new one-
It looks so much bigger since it's not cut in half like the old sliding window. It is a picture window, so it can't open, but it was a LOT cheaper to do that than get a small window that opens. There was a concern it wouldn't be considered up to building code, but since there is a ventilation fan in that bathroom, it is. It has the obscure glass so no one can see in, like the old one did. =)
Our master bedroom's (used to be a 1 car garage until a previous owner converted it) large window in the front of the house-
And now the new!
Raymond really wanted to get the decorative grid since it is on the front of the house. All in all, we did the boys' 2 bedroom windows, our master bedroom's 2 windows and the master bath, 5 total.
Eventually we'll get the rest of the house done. We chose the bedrooms because we want to be able to put window AC units in them to help us keep cool during the summer. We only have a swamp cooler, which is okay until it gets over 100 degrees outside. Our old windows cranked out so we couldn't put units in. We also did the bathroom because it was the hottest part of the house in the summer and coldest room in the winter. That old window was completely inefficient. We hired Home Depot to do it and are very happy with their work. It's so nice to be able to have windows that open so smoothly. Sometimes I hate having a 50 year old fixer upper, especially during the hot summers here, but I'm glad we've finally, after 3 years, been able to do something to make living here more comfortable. Thanks, Uncle Sam! :-P
I can't wait to get rid of the rest of the old single pane glass windows. Someday, right?
Thursday, May 22, 2008
How are you spending YOUR money?
Posted by Sunny at 2:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh, Sunny, yay! I'm so glad you're in the blogging world now. It is so fun to read your stories and see the pictures. I love it!!
Ok, that drug story is CRAZY. How did I not hear about that?? I can hardly believe you found that. Wow.
I am adding you to my side links pronto and checking back often! :)
Yippee for new windows! I am so happy for you and those things look spiffy. Here's to a cooler summer!
Post a Comment