Monday, May 12, 2008

My wonderful Mother's Day

Yay, a Mother's Day where I actually got to spend it with my mom! She was here visiting us and it was great to have her here and celebrate together. I got to spend time in the morning snuggling with my little boys and taking it easy.

Sundays are usually one of the busiest days of the week for me since we have extended family over for lunch most Sundays. I am scrambling to do last minute clean up or prep food that I'll be serving and just running around and keeping busy. It was really nice to be calm, relaxed and have lots of time to get ready and actually straighten my hair. I often wonder where the "rest" is for me in the "worship and rest" part of the 4th Commandment. :) Don't get me wrong, we love having family over and spending time with them each week but it is very exhausting.

Mother's Day was a very different Sunday for us. We went to my sister-in-law's church to see her adorable baby, six-month-old Peyton, be dedicated. Then after the service we took this picture-


and then we went out to lunch, just the five of us. I don't think Raymond and I have ever really eaten out on a Sunday before. We tried Red Lobster, because I had a coupon, haha, but the wait was an hour long. We decided to hit Quizno's so we could eat sooner than later and then headed home to put Nathan down for a nap. The afternoon was spent playing Mario Kart with Raymond and Jonah and then my mom and I talked with my dad and sister, Danielle, on the video phone. Raymond barbequed some hot dogs for a quick dinner and then we all crashed on the couch and watched America's Funniest Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It was a wonderfully simple day. I loved all the down time we had.

Raymond changed most of Nathan's diapers (that's one of the best things he could do, isn't it?) and wrote a sweet note in a card for me. I actually bought a couple of pillow shams earlier in the week for our bed so I told him to consider that my gift since it wasn't exactly cheap.

Sometimes it's the quiet moments and simple things that make a day like Mother's Day extra special. All in all, I think it was the best Mother's Day to date- I had my mom and my boys and we spent the day together. It was perfect.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am so glad you had a great Mother's Day. I miss you so much, it hurts.