Today the kids and I are so excited to celebrate Daddy's birthday. He turns 28 today. We had hoped to be able to meet him for lunch but he has all been in training most of the week and the people taking the training are already going out for lunch on the company's dime. ;) And since tonight Raymond has a class at church, going out for dinner doesn't really work well either. Since I had already told Jonah I'd pick him up early from school, I went ahead and kept my promise and he was able to be home this afternoon and help make lemon cupcakes for our little birthday celebration. I made a lasagna that I will bake once it's time. It'll be fun just to celebrate together as a family. Raymond is planning to come home a little early since he's been working late recently. The boys and I finished wrapping the present from the kids (a Nerf gun, at Raymond's request) and Jonah was making me laugh at how much he is like his father. Raymond is very particular about how gifts are wrapped and the end result is beautiful, even if it does take a long time to get them just so, which drives me crazy. Jonah really wanted me to put the Nerf gun in a box "because Daddy will know what it is!" if we don't. Well, I can't find a box and since Daddy already knows he is getting it (which the kids do not know), I'm not too worried about it. ;) Then when I measured the wrapping paper out, I didn't get it right and was short a little. I told the boys it was fine and would just cut another piece of wrapping paper off of the roll and tape it on. Jonah was really concerned about that asking me, "but will it look good?" What do you care? You're 4!
Can you tell I do not care how good the present looks since you're going to just rip it off anyway? ;)
I'll post some pictures of our day later!
Oh, and I have to tell you what Jonah asked me in the car last night on the way home from Awana. Just so you know, Granny and Grandpa are Raymond's parents.
It went something like this-
Jonah- "Why did Granny and Grandpa give Daddy away?"
Me- ::confused:: "What do you mean?"
Jonah- "Why did they give him to us when he was a baby?"
Me- "Um, Jonah, they didn't, he lived with them the whole time he was a baby and a kid until he was a grown man. He decided when he was a man that he wanted to marry me and have his own family. Grandpa and Granny didn't give him away!"
Jonah- "Oh."
Me- "Are you afraid that Daddy and I are going to give you away?"
Jonah- "Yes."
Me- "Well, we're not! You can stay with us forever if you want to, but maybe someday when you're a man, you'll decide you want to move away and have your own wife and family. But if you don't that's fine, you can always stay with us. Okay?"
Jonah- "Okay."
Me- ::secretly praying he does not want to live with me forever:: LOL!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
It's my honey's birthday!
Posted by Sunny at 3:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awww, poor Jonah! Where do kids come up with these crazy ideas? You need to ask Shanna to get the photo albums out the next time Jonah is at her home so he can see Raymond did indeed grow up living at home! Haha. Hope Raymond enjoyed his birthday and you all had a lovely time together. :)
hah, funny conversation. I love kids!!
Happy birthday to Raymond, I hope he had a great one! Simple ones are the best sometimes.
hilarious...you are a brave woman, i wouldn't have told him he could stay with me forever. :)
Jonah comes up with the craziest things! Such a sweet and concerned little boy.
Have our kids been talking??? Cause I swear we just had that exact conversation a couple of weeks ago. Logan actually started CRYING because he "NEVER wants to leave us". Great. lol
Happy Be-lated Birthday, Raymond!!!
Post a Comment