OK, I am not a fair person. Honestly, I pretty much hate the fair. I think the last time I even went was when I was 7 months pregnant with Jonah and it was my first and only time. I've been invited to go with friends every year since and have always refused. I don't like animals. At all. I especially don't like smelly farm animals which are abundant at the county fair. It costs money just to get in and there is really nothing I enjoy there, so why on earth would I spend money to go? And lucky for me, Raymond shares my sentiments so we're always too happy to pass on a trip to the fair.
But this year... My friends from play group wanted to go and insisted I go. I warned them, I'll whine and complain the whole time. We planned to go on one of the free School Days.

My boys had fun looking at the animals. I could barely breathe because of the smells and dust and dirt. My allergies kicked in big time and I was sneezing up a storm. Blech.
Don't have too much fun, Jonah!
Petting a Grand Champion steer. The lady goes to my church and it is her son's steer so don't think I'd let any random stranger pick up my children!
Nathan was a bit scared.




In one of the animal areas I noticed a woman sitting down between rows of stinky goats (or whatever the animals were, I can't remember) and she was eating! *gag* So I point it out to my friends, Kourtni and Cheri, absolutely sure they are going to be as grossed out as I was, and they looked at me like I was crazy. Cheri, my farm friend who lives in the country and has horses and other animals, made some comment about that being how her house smells all the time, (which is not true or else I wouldn't go over there, LOL!) and Kourtni said she ate near the animals when she was in 4-H and raising sheep.
Ew! (Sorry girls!) I guess you can't take the city out of the girl, but oh my word, that was disgusting and I don't think I could ever do that.
OK, I am even more determined to not let my kids raise any kind of animal, LOL! (Kidding! Sorta.)

Hmmm, did you know we don't have any pets and will never have one if I have anything to say about it? If you didn't, ya do now!
My kids know nothing about animals.
"Milking a cow".



Jonah didn't want to milk the cow while a bunch of kids were crowded around, but once they all left, he was willing to try.

"Brushing" a horse.



Making music, er, well, noise is more like it.

We had lunch there and then it was time to go home. I'm pretty sure Cheri, if not everyone, was glad to get away from me and all of my whining. The kids and I were dusty and dirty and hot from the sun as we walked back to our car and drove home.
I think I've had my fill of the fair for the next five years. :S
But this year... My friends from play group wanted to go and insisted I go. I warned them, I'll whine and complain the whole time. We planned to go on one of the free School Days.

My boys had fun looking at the animals. I could barely breathe because of the smells and dust and dirt. My allergies kicked in big time and I was sneezing up a storm. Blech.Don't have too much fun, Jonah!
Petting a Grand Champion steer. The lady goes to my church and it is her son's steer so don't think I'd let any random stranger pick up my children!
Nathan was a bit scared.



In one of the animal areas I noticed a woman sitting down between rows of stinky goats (or whatever the animals were, I can't remember) and she was eating! *gag* So I point it out to my friends, Kourtni and Cheri, absolutely sure they are going to be as grossed out as I was, and they looked at me like I was crazy. Cheri, my farm friend who lives in the country and has horses and other animals, made some comment about that being how her house smells all the time, (which is not true or else I wouldn't go over there, LOL!) and Kourtni said she ate near the animals when she was in 4-H and raising sheep.Ew! (Sorry girls!) I guess you can't take the city out of the girl, but oh my word, that was disgusting and I don't think I could ever do that.
OK, I am even more determined to not let my kids raise any kind of animal, LOL! (Kidding! Sorta.)

Hmmm, did you know we don't have any pets and will never have one if I have anything to say about it? If you didn't, ya do now!My kids know nothing about animals.
"Milking a cow".



Jonah didn't want to milk the cow while a bunch of kids were crowded around, but once they all left, he was willing to try.
"Brushing" a horse.


Making music, er, well, noise is more like it.
We had lunch there and then it was time to go home. I'm pretty sure Cheri, if not everyone, was glad to get away from me and all of my whining. The kids and I were dusty and dirty and hot from the sun as we walked back to our car and drove home.
I think I've had my fill of the fair for the next five years. :S

8 comments:
HAHAHAHA. I love this post. It's sooo Sunny. =P
I'm cracking up about everything you said. Cheri and I will get you interested in letting your kids raise a fair animal... we have time to work on you!! LOL. At least you got pictures... I totally forgot my camera that day. Oh... and I noticed that Juliet is bossing Nathan on how to milk that fake cow... very normal for the two of them, huh?
Haha poor Sunny! The fair and I have a love-hate relationship. I really love going, the food, the animals, the exhibits. I hate my my extreme allergies when we are there though.
such a funny post. my sister and i refuse to let our children touch any animal of any kind in any petting zoo, because of all the kids that died from salmonella/ecoli at that one zoo in florida. everyone pretty much thinks we are weird, but i don't care.
actually i don't know if my friends know this yet, so if they read this "surprise", i'm crazy. i don't think this would surprise them at all about me though, since i am so particular about toxic sippy cups and such. ok, i just need to stop...
How complete opposites we are! I would LOVE to go to the fair and see all the animals. My kids are going to grow up knowing everything about animals since it is one of my great loves and lucky for me James really enjoys animals as well. Your poor boys are so deprived. lol Your friends are good sports for putting up with your whining.
So cute! I can not help but think about your bath story about Jonah about the milking cow when I see that picture! I am cracking up all over again! I have some of the funniest little nephews EVER!
you are hilarious, and I just laugh at everything you wrote.
Well, I'm glad you came, even if we don't see you out there again for another 5 years or so. :)
I was NOT sick of you....and my house DOES smell like farm animals. Remember last night after Jake opened the windows??:-) I am soooo going to let your kids do FFA and keep their animals at our house...just you wait!! :-)
Aw, that looks like so much fun! I am sure your boys had a BLAST so you will just have to suck it up next year and be a good mother and go with them again! Especially on a free day! How much better can it get? :)
Post a Comment