So my sister reminded me that I've yet to post the after pictures of my kitchen. Oops. I was waiting for my kitchen to be spotless and look like a model home. Yeah, like that's ever going to happen! Since my kitchen looks decent today after having Raymond's parents and grandparents over for lunch yesterday, it's time to take pictures and blog about it! There are dishes out and stuff like that, but it's as good as it's going to get. :)
I must say, blogging kinda bums me out. Do you ever feel that way? When I don't get more than a comment or two on a post, I'm not very motivated to blog. I'm sure most bloggers are seeing a downturn in the comments they receive on posts and it's not just me. But I've decided I should blog, even if it's only so my sisters can see what is going on since they live far away! (Miss you girls!)
So here is that before post, in case you forgot. Wow, was that really in March?!
And some more pictures of the "before":

My in-laws decided to replace all of their appliances at their house and go with stainless steel ones, and so they gave us their "newish" white microwave! I was soooo happy because we had a really old black one that was permanently sticky on the handle, probably from years worth of grease and cooking oil accumulation, and no matter how many times I scrubbed it or what cleanser I used on it, it would NOT come off! It was a really old one that was already there when we bought our house. It didn't work great either. We hardly used it because it was so gross. I'm so glad to have a white one that matches the rest of our appliances! If you've been to my house, I no longer have 2 microwaves in my kitchen! Yay! :)
Old hardware.
The cabinets under the sink perpetually hung open. I had to use a child lock just to keep it somewhat closed and even still it would open somewhat. It was really ugly and annoying!
Someday I'd love to replace the faucet, but it would require ripping out the tile. I'd love to replace the sink, but we'd have to rip out tile. Get the running theme? *sigh*Middle of the project:
The bench and table came from a family at our church. When Raymond and I decided to buy this house, I told him I'd like to have a table in the kitchen. He thought I was crazy because what table could fit in that little corner? Once we moved in, a family we knew asked if we'd like a bench and table set. They had it for several years and were no longer using it. I think they said it was sitting on their back porch, haha. It fit perfectly! God knows exactly what we need, doesn't He?!
During our project, we decided the hardware HAD to go. It was old and really ugly. The hinges were painted over and in bad shape. We found a good deal on Ebay and ordered ourselves some new shiny handles and hinges! Who knew that could be so thrilling?
Blech, I'm glad someone decided to paint the cupboards white. That old wood under there looks SO dark.
What a chore it was to remove all of the cabinet doors! Ugh.
Jonah helped out. I was so afraid for him to use the electric screwdriver. Won't he hurt himself? My husband thought I was silly. He was sure it would be fine. It was, he did a great job. What do I know?
A ton of old hardware!
Not my style.
It was time to get some pictures to hang on the wall. My poor walls have been very bare for too long.
After: Please start oohing and aahing now. :)
Hinges.
Handles!
No more cabinets that hang open!! I was so very glad to throw away that nasty looking child lock. It had definitely seen better days! I was slightly perturbed that Raymond didn't fix that, say, five years ago when we moved in. Oh well, at least it's fixed now!


The curtains my dear friend made for me. I bought a special liner that keeps heat out, but it makes the curtains really thick. I don't mind at all, and I sure hope it didn't make them impossible to make, sorry Cheri if they did, because those single pane windows we have let a lot of sun and heat in. Anything that keeps this west-facing room cooler is good in my book! I didn't want to add more holes in the walls for curtain tiebacks so I just found some wide brown ribbon and make a bow to hold them back. I'm not sure I'd win any decorating awards, haha, but it serves its purpose. Usually the curtains are closed to keep the sun and heat out. When people are coming over, like yesterday, I tie the curtains back. The rest of the time it is closed so it's dark and cave-like. Me likey that in the hot summer. :) Thank you, Cheri!!




We still haven't done any touch up painting. I think at this point we never will! Who cares if there are spots that are messed up? Apparently I don't.
We still haven't done any touch up painting. I think at this point we never will! Who cares if there are spots that are messed up? Apparently I don't.
And that, my peeps, is the grand tour of my oh so lovely kitchen.



10 comments:
Its amazing what a few changes make to a room. Slap a bit of paint on and add a few decorative pieces and you have a transformation! It looks great. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Love ya!
I love your kitchen now, Sunny! it's beautiful and warm and just the right amount of cozy. I definitely "ooh-ed and ahh-ed". :)
by the way, I feel awful, because I am one of those people who has pretty much stopped commenting on other's blogs. Not by choice, mind you... it just somehow slipped away, and I hate it, because I used to take joy in doing that for all the people whose blogs I love to read. Yours included! Not to mention, I love love love comments from other people on MY blog, so I feel incredibly guilty that I'm one of "those" people who never comment. So sad. But I really am going to try to be better! and you know I'm always here, always reading! :)
I always love reading your blog. i love your sense of humor. You did a great job on the kitchen! and everything looks so lovely, warm and inviting!
Well done!! I'm pretty impressed. The only thing missing was the cost of your great remodel. ;)
What a HUGE difference! It looks great! We've lived in our house for 6 + years and we painted the whole house the day before we moved in with intentions of doing touch ups shortly afterwards...yep, still not done :) So apparently I don't care either!
Wow it looks great! So glad you finally updated your bland white kitchen. I can't wait til I can see everything in person. Who knows how long it'll be before that happens though. :( Miss you and glad you blogged about this cuz it does help since I live so far away! :)
I love your new kitchen...but I think I've already said that, in person! :)
I'm glad you like the curtains...they were no problem to make! Also, thanks for not taking any extreme close-ups of my wonky stitches or anything! lol
It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am really excited to see it in person!! The curtains are perfect and I love the color you chose for the walls!! It all came together perfectly!
I still read - I PROMISE!! :) I may not always comment, but I do read!
Your new kitchen is DARLING! I love the new handles on your cabinets and especially the design of the ones on the drawers - so unique! And those curtains!! OH those curtains! Cheri did a WONDERUFL job! I love the idea of tying them with a ribbon!
Love the kitchen!!
Post a Comment