Monday, August 16, 2010

The First Day of First Grade!

Oh my, how fast it all goes! First it was preschool (wow, he looks like a baby!) and then kindergarten. Now here are are, starting first grade!


We had a very good first day. It helps that he's accustomed to doing schoolwork! I tried to do a few little things with Nathan, simply because he has been interested. He asked me what grade he was. I thought quickly and replied "preschool" and thankfully that was good enough. What a sweetie.

Our shelves are ready and (mostly) organized...

The new backpacks and lunchboxes we ordered arrived in the mail last week, much to the kids' delight.

I made them pose for "first day of school" pictures. Nathan cracks me up with his expressions.


C'mon, amuse your mother, please!



Jonah is still working on his handwriting. My husband says I shouldn't worry about it so much, and that as long as Jonah can write, form his letters and read, it's good enough. I'm a bit more neurotic and can't quite let it go. He'll keep practicing for a while longer.


Nathan did some writing too. He feels so big at 4 1/2 years old.



We did a lot more schoolwork than this but I didn't take more pictures. Sorry!

I hope all of you teachers (whether you're a public, private, or home school teacher) have a wonderful year and that the kids enjoy learning. :)

Happy first day of first grade, Jonah!

6 comments:

April said...

They are both growing up so fast. Yay for a new year of schooling excitement!

Danielle said...

Yay for first grade! And for "preschool". Haha. They are getting so big! I miss them so much already.

Lisa B said...

It seems the boys are doing great!! Good job!

Cheri said...

I, for one, LOVE Nathan's cheezy picture faces! ;) It makes me crack up every.single.time!

Kourtni said...

I love your pictures! I went back and looked at your preschool, kindy and now first grade pics and you're right... he did look so little just a couple years ago! They are all starting to be so big. Soon they will be taller than we are. LOL. I hope you have another FABULOUS year homeschooling!!!

raymond said...

Hey, wait a second! I didn't say that! I might have said it doesn't have to be perfect just yet, but some of his letters are pretty sloppy, they definitely still need work. Oof...