Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Photos

Sorry about the whine in my last post, I didn't mean to guilt trip anyone into posting a comment! But thank you for leaving some comment love. :) I know we're all so busy and a lot of us don't make time to leave comments.


I know I love to ramble so I'm going to try my best to keep the commentary to a minimum and let the pictures speak for themselves! Summer has been fun and full. We accomplished a lot of our goals, not all, but most. And we didn't do nearly as much summer school as I originally wanted but that's okay! It is summer after all. :)

MAY-


My husband's brother Joe and his wife Crystal renewed their wedding vows for their 5th wedding anniversary. Crystal looked beautiful!

JUNE-

Our swamp cooler (evaporative cooler) was completely dead at the beginning of the summer. After a lot of prayer, we decided to buy a much nicer system. Our old cooler (which was put in by the seller when we moved in) was apparently waaay too small, it was meant for a tiny, two bedroom apartment! No wonder it never worked well! As much as I wish it was true central air, it would have cost at least double what we paid and we just couldn't swing that. Our Dave Ramsey plan was slightly derailed as we had to take out a loan to pay for it, but it'll be paid off in a year.

It was so stressful, Raymond was going out of town for work and I was left sweating and crying and feeling completely miserable while we scrambled to get someone lined up who could replace it ASAP! Thankfully it all worked up and a big crane arrived to install our new cooler.


I was babysitting my niece and nephew that day and all of the kids were in awe of this big crane. They watched the whole thing through the windows.
It was a long and stressful day but thankfully after it was all said and done, we had cool air flowing through our house! And as much as we hated to take on this unexpected debt, it works a hundred times better than our old one and our electric bill has been lower even though we run it more than we ran the old one! I'd still love to have central air conditioning someday, because on really hot, humid days, the evaporative cooler doesn't work well. Someday, right?!


Father's Day 2010- We arranged a photo shoot with the 4 generations of men on my husband's side, Raymond's grandpa, father, Raymond and his brother and brother-in-law, and the little boys.





Yes, it was planned that they all wear blue! :)

I had the brilliant idea to have the kids line up as a train. It didn't work so well! Ha ha!

Nathan talking to Uncle Joe about how their shirts match.
Baby Cohen looking completely adorable!

JULY-
Jonah and his best friend, Logan.


Someone's first birthday! :)






I know my eyes are closed and I look dumb but I wanted you to see the action going on behind me and all the water toys. Plus I think my dress is cute. ;)


AUGUST-

Fun with friends and family at the local museum's "Splish Splash" Day-

Cousin Breanna was a bit too scared to go on any of the inflatable water slides so she just watched.
Cousin Andrew having so much fun!




After the four year olds went up the slide with no problem, I couldn't help but laugh when Jonah attempted to climb up three times and every time slid right down the ladder. He finally gave up. I'm sure he was embarrassed and I tried not to let him see me laugh. It was so funny!





Next post will be our trip to Chicago and my sister's wedding!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Looks like a fun summer! Wow I can't believe Joe & Crystal have been married 5 years already. And that Cohen is a year old! He was still in his mommy's tummy the last time I visited. So did Jonah just not get to go on that slide? Poor kid.

April said...

I busted up laughing about poor Jonah not being able to get on the slide. I've had lots of laughing fits recently so I am sure if I was there to witness it I wouldn't be much help! I love the picture of you and Cohen. You look beautiful! <3

Danielle said...

Oh, and I think your dress is very cute too! When I saw your top in the picture of you and Cohen I thought that's a nice shirt! Then saw it was the top of a very cute dress. You have such style! :)

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh my Sunny you had such a fun and eventful summer! I love the picture of you and Cohen! Cute cute cute post!

Cheri said...

well, i witnessed the slide incident in person and while it was funny, i felt so bad for poor jonah who appeared to be totally mortified! fortunately, he recovered quickly! :)

and the puppet show was alarming. i'm not gonna lie!

Kourtni said...

Ooooh I think your dress is cute TOO!!!!! What cute pictures. You're seriously the BEST at pictures. You put me to total shame.