Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CHEESE!

I am really behind, I have so many things I need to blog about. Bear with me. I'll eventually get to them all, even if it is really old, practically ancient, news.

But instead of old stories, here's what's happening with us now.

Yesterday I took the boys in to have their pictures taken. I went to a cheap department store place because it was, well, cheap. I mean, $3.99 a sheet vs $18 a sheet? I'll put up with the incompetent employees to save me some cash. I need pictures to give out to family members. It's been two years since the kids have had their portraits done. Yeah, I'm a great mom. My father-in-law has frames on the wall in his home office to hold a picture of each of the grandkids and he has been reminding us that he needs new, updated pictures. It'll be part of his Father's Day gift. Please ignore the fact that I procrastinated until after Father's Day to even get the pictures taken and it takes over a week to get the pictures in.

But oh, my kids are in that stage where they give those CHEESY smiles and grimaces. We had a lot of very unnatural looking poses and smiles. I paid $5 to have all of the pics taken accessible online so I could download them to my computer. Wanna see? Look no further. I present to you- my kids! Cheesy smiles and all!

First, the boys posed together.

Nathan looks so very happy to be here, doesn't he?
They try to sell you those outrageously expensive fancy pictures with borders and text but I don't like them at all. Here's one they tried to sell me. No thanks, I'm just not a fan.
Oh, oops, I forgot that the pictures are low resolution so you can't infringe on the copyright and print them, so you can't really read the text. I think it says "Life is just more fun with a brother close at hand."




Then Jonah took his individual shots.


Nathan was much more difficult. He'd either not smile at all, or give very forced grins.
I finally decided on these next few as my favorites and these are the ones I ordered.

this one was just funny to me so I got one sheet of this picture

The girl that showed me the pictures on the computer screen at the studio asked me if Nathan was saying "cheese" when the photographer was taking his picture. No, he wasn't saying anything at all. I couldn't get him to stop doing that face. Oh well, at least this is a true representation of how my boys look when they know they are being photographed! Maybe I should have taken my sister-in-law up on her offer to borrow her fancy camera and get some more candid shots. Who knows, by the time I decide to update these pictures, the kids might be in a non-cheesy smile phase!

7 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

such cuties you have! and don't kill me, but I actually did like the photo they tried to sell you with the inscription. i might not have wanted all that fancy borders and text either, but the photo is just darling. They are loving each other! Too cute!

Sunny said...

Oh, I did like that picture too, but I was focused on ordering pictures of them facing the camera for family so you can see their faces, and I didn't order that one. Maybe I'll have to get them to recreate that pose since it is really cute.

Cheri said...

The first one of Nathan by himself made me laugh out loud!! It looks just like him and the faces he and Jake are always making back and forth to each other!
Too cute! :)

*CPA* Su said...

What handsome boys you have...even if they aren't so interested in smiling nicely! :) Love those orange shirts...I'm really into orange clothing lately! LOL!

Oh, and my FIL has a similar wall of grandkids photos too...how funny!

And yes, Talia DOES need to host something so we can all meet our new "friends"!! :)

Mommy Diffee said...

Oh Sunny they all turned out great! Nathan is such a funny little boy, he just cracks me up!

Danielle said...

LOLOL!!! I love 'em!!! Yes the grins are cheesy but that's kids at this age! I can't wait to get my copies!!

April said...

Such great pictures!! I miss those boys so much. They are growing up so fast. I cracked up at the first individual pic of Nathan I love his wide eyes! Your boys are some of the sweetest kids I know and cute to boot!! I can't wait to have the updated ones!! Now I need to do one for Blake. Aah!