I guess you want to know what I said, huh? My dad was actually the first person to tell me about vlogs and even the word "vlog". Vlogs are really popular with the deaf community and my dad loves to watch different videos that people make. When I was a kid, before the Internet was around, my dad and his far away friends would make videotape "letters" to each other. They'd film themselves with a camcorder and mail each other a videotape once in a while to keep in touch. It was much more personal than sending a regular letter. Every so often my sisters and I would have to say hi on the video to whomever it was Dad was sending it to. Dad wanted to show the person how much we had grown, etc. Sometimes he'd want us to sign our names and ages and so forth, and the whole time we'd have frozen half-hearted cheesy smiles plastered on our faces. We hated doing that, haha! We'd have to be careful not to mutter, gripe, and complain about this chore while on camera in case the recipient had a family member who could hear. Yeah, we were brats. :S
Anyway, now that you know the background, I'm sure you can figure out why I chose to do a vlog for my Dad who lives far away.
Here's what I said:
Hi Daddy! Surprise! Happy Father's Day! I decided to make a vlog for you because I know how much you enjoy watching vlogs. I wanted to say thank you, you're a wonderful father. You've taught me well over the years. You're a good pastor and I've learned so much from you, as a pastor and as a father. I wanted to show my appreciation to you. I'm the Christian I am today because of your example, and mom's too. It has been such a blessing for me to have grown up in a Christian home and know the Lord through you both and the example you have shown me. So again, Happy Father's Day! I wish I could be there to see you and visit with you and give you a hug but I hope we can come and see you again soon. I love you! Bye.
My dad sent me a text after he watched it and it said, "Wow! I loved it! Made me feel like crying. I truly miss u dearly! :-(( vlog is GREAT! Ily"
My mom also sent me a text and said, "Wow what a cool vlog you did for Dad for Father's day 8)"
I'm trying really hard to stop whining about how awful the video is- my fat looking face, squinty eyes, the moronic blurry pictures that the video opens and closes with, and about a hundred other things I can pick apart. This may just be my first and last vlog!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Transcript
Posted by Sunny at 11:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I thought it was awesome! You are the only one who thinks of those things and none of it is true! You looked great and you should do more of them. :)
Post a Comment