Yesterday, the kids and I were on our way to the movie theater to see a free movie. While I was driving, Jonah said he had never been to the movie theater before. I told him, yes you have, it was last year when you were 3 years old. Then we talked about how he was 4, or 4 1/2 really, and getting closer to 5. I asked him if he wanted to be 5 or stay 4. After a few moments of silence, I thought he wasn't going to answer. Then, all of a sudden, he starts saying really loudly, "Hey, God! Can you turn me back to 3? :pause: Thank You!"
??huh??
Oookay. I laughed to myself and didn't say anything to Jonah about his request. We started talking about other things.
Then at the theater, while waiting for the movie to start, I told a friend what he said and since Jonah was listening, he replied, well, you didn't say to God not to turn me 3. Um, no, I did not. LOL.
And oh my word, I don't know if I should even share this because I am embarrassed, but while I was sitting here typing this up, Jonah came to me and said there was something "new" with his underwear. "Oh, really? What is that?", I asked. He told me toilet paper. "You have toilet paper on your underwear?" "No, not on my underwear, in my underwear" and pointed to his crotch.
??huh?? :S
OK, I tried to be as calm as I could, but then I went and checked to see what exactly he was talking about. All I could think was do 4-year-olds already obsess with size and enhancement?! Thankfully, instead of finding a bulge, I saw a tiny, probably 1 square of toilet paper, ball of tissue. Yes, it's in the front. I have no idea why. I asked him and his answer was "because I wanted to be silly."
Oh, the adventures of parenthood!
My crazy boy!
Making "guns" and weapons out of vacuum attachments. I don't think it is possible to stop boys from doing that sort of thing. Ugh.
He almost always closes his eyes and makes weird faces when I try to take his picture. It is really annoying when I want to get a good picture of him.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Conversations with Jonah
Posted by Sunny at 1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hahahahaha... oh Jonah... what would we do without him? By the way... he looks like a KID now! So tall!! Wasn't it just yesterday we were just meeting him in your hospital room??
lol He always says the weirdest things. But I love my litle nephew and he is getting BIG!
oh my goodness, so funny. The things kids will say! Can you imgaine how bored we would be without them??
I love his crazy pictures! Although, I can understnad you just wanting nice normal shot of him. At least when you look back on these pictures you will be reminded of just how silly and endearing your boy was. :)
boys and guns/weapons...it's just the way it is, and I don't think that changes for quite some time. I feel obligated to encourage it though since Daddy is a soldier. :)
Post a Comment