Friday, June 13, 2008

Random Bits of Life

The kids and I spent three days this week at my Sister-in-law's house babysitting her seven-month-old, Peyton. It was actually nice to spend time relaxing and Jonah loved being able to watch cable TV, which we don't have at home. Peyton naps twice a day so I had time to read and unwind from last week. It was fun and he is such a good baby. He only gets cranky if he's hungry, tired or has a dirty diaper. He also doesn't like having his diaper changed. He has the cutest rolls on his chubby body. Here are the boys together.



VBS last week was a lot of fun. Nathan also had a "first", he went potty on the toilet for the first (and so far only, LOL) time. He had been asking to sit on the toilet for a few days and I would let him and nothing would happen, but then finally that Thursday afternoon he went both #1 and #2! I was pretty shocked. Especially since Jonah flat out refused to potty train until he was 3 1/2! He hasn't been asking lately anymore and things have been too busy for me to really try and push it. We're not officially potty training but I am encouraging him to do it if he wants to for now. Anyway, the kids had a great time at VBS and it was a successful program thanks to all of the help we had at church.

Here's Nathan playing the drum at VBS.



Jonah picked up a really weird habit the first day of VBS. I have no idea if he got it from someone there or just came up with it on his own, but he makes this weird kissing sound in the middle of his sentences. He'll say "So, :puckers lips and makes small *smooch* sound: when I was at VBS, *smooch* I was playing with the kids and *smooch* ..." He still hasn't stopped. It is driving Raymond and me nuts! We've asked him why he does that and he said, "Well, it makes me talk better." HUH?? He's a weirdo.

I got my hair cut and highlighted a few weeks ago. I've never had "short" hair like this before, or had a real
style and never gotten highlights. I don't know that I'll be able to keep the highlights though because it ended up costing a whole lot of money! Here are some pictures. :)



Trying to get a good shot of the caramel colored highlights.


Jonah is registered for pre-school! He starts sometime in the middle of August. Two months left! I really love his school and know it will be wonderful for him. The only thing we worry about is actually paying for it. But in our hearts, we know that if God wants him there, the Lord will provide the funds. We really want to send our boys to this Christian school and we are so excited about getting involved in this ministry. It's a small school, probably around 80 students total from kindergarten through 8th grade. The pre-school isn't really big either.

I got a call from someone at Kaiser, yes, the HMO, about possibly doing some interpreting work for them. Apparently there is an interpreter shortage and they need more people to contract with them. I told her I was interested so she's going to talk to whoever it is that needs to approve this. She got my name and number from the court where I work occasionally. I'm not sure if this is the Lord's way of providing more opportunities for me to make money to pay for Christian school, but I'll follow this door until/unless it closes. I had been thinking about ways to expand my work if/when needed and wasn't expecting this to come up so soon!

Raymond has been working hard and now he has a manager in another department within his company that would like him to work for that dept (IT). His current manager would like him to stay in marketing. So now there is the potential that his position/title will change and possibly get a promotion, which hopefully would come with a decent raise. Raymond likes both kinds of work so he's leaving it up to the bosses to decide what to do with him. He's currently the webmaster but does a lot of other things as well. He'll either transfer to IT and do more web/technical stuff or stay in marketing and they will create a new position just for him as a market analyst. Even if nothing happens, I'm proud of him for being a great employee and being recognized for his hard work and dedication. He is talented in a lot of areas and it's nice that they notice it. We're praying that God provides wisdom and discernment. It can be so hard to live on one small income and we'd be grateful for anything extra.

That's what has been going on with us these past few weeks! I will update after Nathan's appointment and let you know how that went. I can't believe it's 3 days away!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad the work stuff is looking up! Your hair looks great! I hope it still looks the same by the time I get out there, I want to see you in short hair. :) Jonah's lip-smacking way of talking was soooo funny to read! You'll have to imitate it for me over the phone!!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair this way. Too cute. I'm glad the appointment down south went well too!! I love reading your blogs!!