We have been so busy with Vacation Bible School going on this week. I am the teacher of the 2 year old class and those kids are busy little bees! I'm having a great time but it's also exhausting.
I was tagged by Talia a few days ago so here are my incredibly long, rambling answers. I do not know how to keep things short and sweet.
---My joys.
1. My blog name says it all- my boys. I love my husband and two sons. They keep me grounded and love me so much.
2. All of my other family and friends. I am very blessed to have so many people to love and share my life with.
3. My church. A place I go to hear God's Word preached soundly and learn and grow from. I can physically feel my burdens being lifted when I know these dear people are praying for me.
---My fears.
1. Like everyone else, I fear someone close to me dying before they're old and gray. Especially one of my boys.
2. I am scared of the appointment Nathan has coming up. I guess it's mostly fear of the unknown. I found out Nathan is seeing the Chief of Pediatric Infectious Diseases along with another doctor from that department and for some reason that has made me more nervous about the whole thing. I wasn't worried until after finding that out. I don't know if this makes any sense, but knowing that the Chief has reviewed Nathan's medical files and wants to be the one to see him scares me. I want this medical issue to be easily fixed and common, not something new and rare. I guess I've put a lot of faith in doctors to be able to treat any ailment instead of trusting God to work things out.
3. Now for something silly and irrational but I am fearful that someday someone will ask me for a kidney and I don't want to give mine away. What if I do and then start having kidney trouble and I've only got 1 left? Raymond thinks I'm crazy. :S
---My goals.
1. To see my children become men of God. I know only the Lord can do this and work in their hearts, no matter how well (or poorly!) I teach them.
2. To grow spiritually more myself and earnestly seek God more each day.
3. To lose my muffin-top Mom belly! I don't really care how much I weigh anymore, I'd just like to not have this huge bulge when I sit down. Shirts do not look so good with that going on, haha. I could care less what my butt and thighs look like, just please, please let my stomach shrink! I don't need washboard abs, just a generally slimmer tummy, thank you.
---My current obsessions/collections.
1. Playing Wii Fit. Raymond and I are really enjoying it. Granted, I have hardly touched it this week because I'm exhausted after VBS but I plan to get back to it once the week is over.
2. My new Shu Uemura eyelash curler. It really does curl lashes better!

3. Ballet flats and skimmers. Those are pretty much the only kind of shoes I wear now. I love buying a new pair here and there. I loved flip flops in summers past but they were killing my feet. I swore I could feel a bone spur forming on my heel and the thought alone sent shivers down my spine and made me nauseous. Is that crazy?
---Random or surprising facts about me.
1. I already have the title of my memoir picked out, although, this book will probably never go from thoughts in my head to actually written, and I don't even dream of it being published! The title would be Six Hands, One Voice and would chronicle my childhood story of growing up with deaf parents, and my experiences and struggles between being their daughter and yet sometimes playing the role of interpreter.
2. I got a job when I was 18 that was supposed to be an "appointment setter" position but after doing the training, I quickly realized it was one of those annoying telemarketer bait and switch type companies. The company would give out coupons at grocery stores for "free" orange juice (and items like that) and get your name, address and phone number and then call you to get you to let someone come and try to sell you a water softener system so that you could get said "free" orange juice. I quit my first night. The guy that hired me was furious.
3. I am really long-winded. Oh wait, that wasn't surprising, was it? LOL.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
The Taggin' Wagon
Posted by Sunny at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
yay, how fun! I loved reading your "tag". And I personally think the longer the answers, the better. It's so fun to read it that way. :)
I LOVE the idea of your memoir and totally hope you write it someday. Also, I laughed out loud at your kidney fear (in a good way)-- you are so funny. :)
And about Nathan's appt-- I am so glad to hear that he was able to get one so soon, and that it's going to work out. I'll be praying it is just the thing to help you guys and get this figured out, as well as for peace of mind for you and wisdom for the doctors. I know you'll keep us posted, and I can't wait to hear how it all goes.
You should write the memoir just for fun, for yourself. No one would have to read it. I remember you telling me about the title years ago. Its a perfect title. :) May I also say that based on your answers, you are a little paranoid?! haha But I already knew that. :)
Hey girl... you crack me up!!!!! I love it. This was so fun to read.
Number 1: Why in the world do you need to worry about someone asking you for a kidney when you probably don't even know anyone who's given a kidney before?!?!?!?! Not only do you have to worry and fret about every day, practical stuff, you add these crazy things on too!! You are very strange, sis.
Number 2: Why am I last to hear about this memoir and its title? April knows about it and I don't? I never knew you wanted to write one! Yet another case of leaving the youngest sister out. ;) But I do agree with April, perfect title and you should write it so I can read it someday! :)
Well, at least now I know not to ask for your organs should mine stop working! :-)
I can't remember when I have laughed so hard....I tried to tell Jacob, but I couldn't stop laughing and he just looked at me like I was a lunatic! You are so funny!
Post a Comment