Thursday, February 19, 2009

25 Random Things

Since I have been so lazy and haven't posted anything "real", I might as well post something lame for your reading pleasure. This is from Facebook. I have been tagged for this several times and never made the time to do it until now. Might as well put it here too.

1. My evil twin's name is Bunny. You do not want to meet her.

2. I absolutely love putting my pajamas on early. I grew up doing it. My mom has always done so. I mean early like right after dinner. Is 6 pm too early? Then when I do, I worry that someone is going to show up at my house unexpectedly and see just how lame I really am. Please don't show up at my house without calling me to warn me. My ratty bathrobe is not for public display.

3. I enjoy making lists. But I must cheat and write something down that I've already done just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off.

4. I LOVE to watch The Biggest Loser. I used to watch it while eating ice cream or some other snack but I've since given up snacking after dinner. I don't want to end up a contestant for the show.

5. My drug of choice- Dr. Pepper. I try not to have any at home or I will drink it nonstop, but if I am having a bad day, I am known to call my husband and beg him to pick some up for me.

6. I absolutely have to go to the bathroom before I go to sleep. If I get in bed and read for 15 minutes, it does not matter if I went before I got in bed, I must get up again and "try", otherwise I will lay in bed and keep thinking about how I didn't go and tell myself I will end up getting up during the night, which I hate, until I have convinced my body I need to go again. It's a sick cycle.

7. I still drive my first car. My 2001 green Honda Civic has been through a lot with me. I bought it brand new just before I turned 19.

8. If it is not chocolate, it's probably not worth it.

9. I spend way more time online than I care to admit.

10. I have finally entered the 21st century and can text people from my phone. I feel so much cooler now.

11. I hate yellow gold (fake or real) jewelry. I'm a silver color gal through and through.

12. I feel immense guilt that my children do not know sign language. Growing up, I always said my children would be fluent signers. But now, the distance from my parents and deaf friends means I don't have anyone for the kids to practice with and honestly, I just never think about it. (That is, until my parents are going to come and visit us or we're going to go visit them and it dawns on me that my kids can't really communicate with their grandparents.) Ugh. I don't remember to sign at home with them. It does not cross my mind. I'm disgusted with myself.

13. My five-year-old still mostly drinks out of sippy cups. He totally knows how to drink out of regular cups, I just can't stand the mess when someone knocks it over. Dentists around the country are having a cow right now.

14. Before I got married, I would not consider you a good friend if you couldn't correctly say and spell my last name. I think all of my current good friends would fail that test! LOL! (My maiden name is Saavalainen)

15. I have worn glasses since the second grade.

16. I have lived in five states- Texas, Oklahoma, New York, Maryland and California.

17. The stalker in me enjoys finding out the last names of bloggers I do not know through friends of mine on Facebook. I'll see that "Jane Doe" commented on my friend's FB and I'll get all giddy and think, *gasp* I did not know that was her last name! Make a mental note of that!

18. Not that I would do anything with that knowledge... *wink*

19. My parents had a dog named Honey before I was born. For a good 11 years of my life I'd never know who my mom was calling, me or the dog. Either I'd come running and find out she was talking to the dog, or I'd stay put and get in trouble for not coming when she was hollering for me. Sheesh, pick some better names then! ;)

20. The very first time I had a friend spend the night, when I was around 5 years old, my friend threw up at our house.

21. When I was in 5th grade, I decided I wanted to live in either Florida or California, just to have a personalized license plate that said "Sunny". I thought Sunny Florida or Sunny California sounded a whole lot better than Sunny Maryland. Of course now that I actually do live in California, that plate is taken. :S I think I deserve dibs on that. The DMV apparently doesn't. I can't even have Sunny D. :(

22. I have several nicknames with my sisters. I'm Jeanette from Alvin and the Chipmunks' girl trio- the Chipettes, (Raymond was dubbed Simon very quickly), Blossom from the Powerpuff Girls, and I was considered Flora from Sleeping Beauty.

23. Before I had kids I wanted 3 girls, and now that I have 2 boys, I wouldn't change a thing. Little girls scare me now, LOL!

24. I am clumsy. I constantly am hitting my shoulder on a doorway because I don't give myself enough clearance. I have been known to fall down at random times.

25. I miss thunderstorms and snow.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

lol! You are so wierd! That's what I love about you!:)
I do know how to spell your married name....does that count?
I'm glad you don't put on your pjs after dinner on Awana night when we're over! :)

Danielle said...

LOL!!!! I LOVED reading this!
1. - I forgot all about Bunny! I haven't seen her in a while... guess that's good news! ;)
2. Me too! I'm such a dork!! I'll do you one better though. After dinner on certain nights I will jump in the shower so I am in pj's and my hair's wrapped in a towel by 7 pm!!
6. Again, I do that too! Sometimes I go to the bathroom, then do my nightly routine (wash my face, moisturize, take contacts out, floss & brush my teeth) and then I HAVE to make myself go again, just so I won't possibly get up during the night. I hate getting out of a warm bed when I don't have to!!!
12. Don't feel guilty! It's hard to be so far away. I'm sure I'd do the exact same thing. If there are no deafies around, you'd just never think about signing at home.
25. I didn't know you actually missed snow!

April said...

I so did not remember #1 but I think she comes out more than you care to admit. lol #4 is hilarious! #12 We're in the same boat there sister. #13 You are crazy! #24 LOLOLOLOLOL Ahh, the stories I could tell. :) Love ya and all your crazies.

Olive Oyl said...

every night i go to the bathroom and then have to walk DIRECTLY to bed... if I don't, I end up having to go again, even if it is just a drop! It drives my hubby CRAZY.

i totally do the same thing with lists too... i just get a LOT of satisfaction crossing things off! :)

very good 25 things... so fun learning more about you! :)

Talia said...

bwahaha! You are hilarious, girl. I love you :)

Kourtni said...

I adore reading your posts. You should write a book. You are so hilarious!!!!!