One cold and foggy morning, we got up and loaded the car with our suitcases. The boys were giddy with excitement. It was time to fly to Chicago! We drove to Raymond's parents' house so his mom could drive us to the Airport Bus station. We would leave our car at their house because the bus station isn't exactly in a nice part of town.
the thick fog made it difficult to see as we drove around

We arrived at the bus station. Now what do you think of when you envision such a place? Does dirty, icky and nasty come to mind? It does for me. Now I know why...
the boys waiting anxiously to board our bus
family picture!
A dead cockroach lay on the floor of the bus depot. The boys and Granny checked it out.

Truly, there are no words to describe this little hole-in-the-wall. Oh wait! The word "disgusting" fits well...


I was thankful I made the kids go to the bathroom before we left. You couldn't have paid me to use the bathroom there. ::shudder::
Soon it was time to board. We're on our way to Los Angeles!


A couple hours later we arrived in sunny LA.



It was nice to take the bus though, we could sit back and relax (without seatbelts!) and just chill out instead of driving ourselves and stressing out over any possible traffic jams and crazy drivers.
We didn't have much time to spare at the airport and boarded our plane quickly. We are so grateful that the plane left on time so we could just
get there!
cruisin' in the air
see my ear plugs? hee hee, I always have horrible ear pressure that builds up and these help relieve that pressureplaying with toys and killing time 
We arrived in Chicago safe and sound and even 15 or 20 minutes early! As we walked to the baggage terminal, I took pictures of the cool swirly multi-colored lights over our heads.

My parents and sister
Danielle picked us up and took us to get a quick bite to eat for dinner. The boys were being silly as I showed off my new camera to my family.


The weather was perfect when we arrived, cold, yes, but no winter storms or bad weather to delay our trip! There was leftover snow on the ground from a previous snowfall but nothing more.
But the very next morning, it started to snow. We couldn't wait to experience it! Fine, soft snowflakes fell gently to the ground as we played outside.
mostly leftover snow





click on this picture to see the falling snow better
he really did enjoy it, I'm not sure why he's making this face! 

the outdoor clock/thermometer 
see the path? my dad shovels a path every single time it snows for their little dog to go potty out in the corner of the yard. The dog still pees on the deck...

Our first adventure in the snow was pretty mild. It wasn't super cold and there wasn't a lot of snow. But that would change very quickly...
to be continued...
8 comments:
Fun! My girls would have LOVED to be able to play in the snow as much as the boys did! :)
Also, I think it is very funny that you have 2 pictures of a dead cockroach in this post! LOL
How completely lovely all of that snow looks!! Can't wait for Part 2! :) {And yes, while I've never been in our Airport Bus Station, from the outside it looks completely repulsive! ICK!}
Love the new blog layout! This post also makes me really excited for our own trip to Illinois on Friday! We are trying out Jet Blue and the Long Beach airport, I'll let ya know how it is :)
So many great pictures Sunny! You have such a cute little family, love you all! Glad you had a good time =)
So many great pictures Sunny! You have such a cute little family, love you all! Glad you had a good time =)
I just love this post. You do such a great job of using your pics to create an interesting narrative! I think you are such a good writer!
Xoxo,
D
I've been so excited to see some pictures of your trip!! And you definitely deliver!! :)
(I know, I'm incredibly behind on commenting, I read this when you first posted it... but better late than never, right??)
anyway. I LOVE all the pictures, and the snow, and your funny narrative. You crack me up, especially with your dead cockroaches. lol. And that one of Nathan looking so cross... hehe!! what a charater!! such a cutie.
I have to use the airport bus when I come home from CO... eeep. at least now I've been warned. GROSS!
You sure know how to pay attention to detail! But that is what makes your posts so entertaining to read. Even though I know how your trip went, I am still hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for more. Are you ever gonna write that book? ;)
Post a Comment