The party was a little more fun than I thought it would be, even after all of my whining. I know a few people a little better after going to the annual party for the last five years now and I made myself talk to a few new people and ask questions to keep the conversation going. The dinner was pretty good and a yummy cheesecake was served for dessert. I had a few sips of red wine and had to choke down the small amount in my glass. Ick.
The best part of all? Raymond and I actually WON something at the raffle! We have never won anything before! In years past, they always did it true raffle style where you could purchase tickets and then put your tickets in whichever prize box you wanted. Well, we never had much money to spend, so we wouldn't buy many tickets. One year, I kid you not, this one lady won at least three times and everyone was so mad and annoyed. I have no idea how much money she spent but apparently it was well worth it. She still gets razzed on about that. This year, they decided to do it differently. Since the company has always donated the prizes and would just raffle off the money earned from tickets, it was decided that this year no tickets would be sold. Each employee received ten tickets and that was it, so there were five for each person if you had a spouse or significant other. If anyone ended up being drawn twice, they would not be allowed to win twice but they could choose to trade in what they had already won for the other item. There was no picking which prize you wanted to win, all the tickets from the approximately 200 people there went into one big pot and they would just raffle off each gift. I was excited that it was so fair this year. I'm all about fair when it ups my odds of winning!
Much to our surprise and shock, our number was drawn! At the moment, I couldn't even remember what the prize was, I was just so amazed that we had the winning ticket!
Here's our prize!
It is awesome because we do not have a nice tv! We've got a monstrous, regular, heavy square 32" tv we bought a few years ago for $200 at Best Buy. I know this new tv isn't a super fancy huge expensive plasma screen, but it has got to be better than what we already have. :)
Raymond will be picking up our prize on Monday at the office. I can't wait!
There were plane tickets being raffled off and we had really hoped to win those so the whole family can fly to Chicago to visit my family. Oh well, I'll take a free tv!
We had a few people asking how much we wanted for our new tv, LOL.
Now for a few cheesy pictures of me. We hardly took any pictures and these are the best I have.
Raymond was hoping we'd win the $750 gift certificate to Best Buy. At first I was giving him a hard time, like what on earth would you buy with that? A ton of computer games? But then he reminded me we could get a new camera. Oooh, right! Like a $700 camera? ;) I guess we need to save our pennies to get a new camera someday. Raymond's co-worker that he works together with the most and is friends with ended up winning that so even if we didn't win it, we were happy for the person that did.We stayed at the party till after 10:30. Raymond could tell I was bored so we left. It wouldn't be so bad if the music wasn't so loud once the gambling games and dancing started. You couldn't talk to anyone because you couldn't hear! They did have slot machines this year, which I thought would be fun to try. It was actually really boring. You feed a bunch of coins into the machine, push buttons, and then do this over and over. Maybe it would have been more fun if it was real money and I actually won. ;) Raymond was doing really well at the craps table but he walked away so that he could take me home. At the end of the night, around midnight, they'll have everyone cash in their play money for raffle tickets to win $100 Visa gift cards but we never stay that late. Raymond just gave away his chips and money to his friends and we went home.
I did really well though, I didn't complain and I never asked to go home! LOL. It was a pretty fun night out after all.

8 comments:
Your outfit is cute, and your hair style is super flattering--LOVE your look. And I know that I never sent you my e-mail address and my friend's e-mail address a couple of months ago. I've been way lame and behind on everything lately.
I'll be in touch, but wanted to say you look super pretty in both pics. And a new TV will be super fun!
Yeah for a new t.v.! I love winning things....even though it hardly ever happens!! I love you outfit! so cute! I'm glad you had fun afterall!
CUTE SUNNY!!! Hair, dress, everything!
i LOVE your dress and hair! so very pretty! and i'm so glad the party wasn't all that bad for you. winning makes everything better. :)
A new t.v.?? That's fantastic! Glad it wasn't torturous. See when you don't complain, you get free stuff! :)
It's awesome you actually won something! The only thing I've ever won was that Super Nintendo or whatever it was and I didn't even enter that! Your outfit is very nice and I can't believe you got it all for under $40. Now THAT is a bargain!!
See Sunny you are a real part animal when you let your hair down! If you would have finished that glass of red wine who knows what the night might have brought! JK =) You looked great, as usual. You are funny how you pointed out that you made yourself mingle, I have to make myself shut up! =)
Your dress is SOO cute!! Your purse is adorable too! And I'm so excited that you WON a tv!!! I just love winning things.. although that hardly ever happens to me either. I can't wait to see it!
Oh.. and can I please just take this moment to point out that you have walked 12.5 MILES this month???? I'm feeling super lazy now. I better get my butt in gear soon if I plan to run the Volkslauf with YOU.
Post a Comment