Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Party

So tomorrow night is my husband's work party. I'm excited for the free dinner but the rest, eh, not so much. Isn't that awful? I'm such a brat, I always whine about being bored because I don't drink so I'm not enjoying the open bar, I don't dance so I'm not cutting it up on the dance floor, and I don't gamble so the casino games and fake money are not for me, and I don't really know anyone and I'm not exactly a social butterfly. I end up sitting at our table after dinner, trying to make small talk with strangers, or wandering around and going to the bathroom a million times to check on my lipgloss, all while my hubby is having fun talking to different people and playing the games. He wants to stay because he's enjoying himself while I am begging to go home. Nice, aren't I?

I'll stop whining though, because hey, it's a night away from the kids and a fancy dinner! My in-laws are letting the kids spend the night with them so we don't have to worry about leaving the party early to go pick them up. Darn, I kind of liked having that excuse. *ahem*

I did get to go shopping and after searching through several stores I found a decent dress. I like clothes shopping but I also don't because it's hard to find stuff I like that looks good on me. A lot of the dresses were either too short, too low cut, too tight, too prom-looking, or too old lady-looking. LOL. You could say I'm rather picky.

I'll try to remember to have a picture taken of me so I can post it!

Oh, and I wanted to apologize for my rather risque blog title a few posts back. I knew it was somehow naughty, but in my naivety I didn't know just how naughty until I asked my husband last night. *blush* Oops. Sorry about that. :S I hope no one was offended. I'm still not sure if I should change it. Oh well, what's done is done. Thank goodness only about 7 people read my blog, LOL! I really am a nice, sweet, innocent girl, I don't know what came over me!

Let's hope for a fun party and that I don't have to stay out too long and that I am not bored. Whoo-hoo!

Dear Raymond, I love you and I thank you for putting up with me. *muah*

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Does "quivering thighs" actually mean "something".....apparently I'll have to ask Raymond as well! Wouldn't he just love that?! :-)

I hope you have fun at the party.....you should really try drinking, you might like it!! ha ha

Kourtni said...

HAHAHA... I have no idea what Raymond is talking about. He must be very worldly.. and you can tell him I said so. HEHEHE. I hope that you really do have fun at the party though... I've been bored at work parties before too, so I can relate to what you're saying 100%. Enjoy your night out!