Thursday, January 1, 2009

Is it Too Late to Say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year?

The month of December was pretty much a blur, especially these last couple of weeks. Whew! I am a little happy the holidays are over. I couldn't wait to undecorate and we finally did that today. I don't mean to sound like a scrooge, I love having the tree up and seeing how much the kids enjoyed it, but it takes up room in our already tiny living room and I was just tired of having more stuff out. I'm so ready to get organized, declutter, and gear up for, *gulp* homeschooling! I bought a new daily planner book and I can't wait to get back into a routine.

Our Christmas was good but quiet. Pretty much Raymond's whole family- his siblings, parents, and grandma came down with the stomach flu just a couple of days before Christmas and so we decided to stay home and avoid all of the germs. I'm sure they were not too pleased about it but I am absolutely paranoid when it comes to barf and Raymond had so much going on at work that he couldn't afford to get sick with these deadlines looming. We spent the morning at church at our Christmas morning worship service and then had the rest of the day at home. It was really nice to relax and have the kids play with their new toys and watch their new movies without having to rush off and be somewhere else. We missed not being with our extended family but at the same time it was nice to be home. Usually Raymond has been able to take time off of work during the holidays but this year he stuck with the paid holidays and that was it. With us having been sick with the regular flu a couple of weeks before Christmas and then trying to cram everything we had not done to be ready for Christmas in a week, it was fun to kick back and do whatever we wanted.

Despite my best efforts to prevent us from getting sick and refusing to take the kids anywhere but church, Nathan did in fact get sick a couple of days ago. I am so thankful that he told me his belly hurt in advance because I was able to get a bucket ready just in case. Trust me, I don't deal with this well. He got sick a few times but very quickly was on the mend. I am praying that none of the rest of us get it! It is going around so much right now. I want to never leave the house until March!

Now that everyone on my Christmas card list has received their card by now, I'll post our family picture and a couple of others.


I will try to post a more interesting post soon!

1 comments:

Kourtni said...

I just love the pictures of your boys. They are so cute all matching. Your hair looks great in your family pic too. !!