I know I've disappeared for over a week now. But I have been trying to finish my exercise goal for the month and I think I will! Just five miles left to complete before Sunday. I think I'll have to increase my miles for February!
Raymond and I are trying to go running/jogging/walking on Saturday mornings together. Of course, it has only been two Saturdays since we started, haha. I'd love for both of us to get in shape. We're planning to do a 5k (which is 3.1 miles) race with my friend Cheri on March 28! I think Kourtni is maybe going to do it with us as well. Kourtni puts me to shame, she just wrote about going back to the gym and she has a five week old baby! Yeah, I could never have done that. I've got post-pregnancy pounds that have been hanging on for almost three years now! I guess it's better late than never for me to work on that. LOL.
I've got two months to train for this race. I don't have lofty dreams of coming in first or even around the middle of the pack. I'd like to just finish and see how I do. My goal is to do it in 35-40 minutes but we'll see what happens. Exercising with someone sucks when they are pushing you to go further than you think you can! It's good, yes, but ugh, I want to just wring Raymond's neck when he's making me run harder or longer. I am totally out of shape, but hopefully I'll see improvement over the next few weeks.
Last night at dinner, Jonah surprised us by announcing, "I don't like going to church but I do like God." I couldn't even respond because I knew I'd laugh! Raymond finally said something and so Jonah explained that he doesn't like having to sit down (meaning sit through the sermon) and Raymond said that maybe someday Jonah would like going. Kids! *sigh*
Raymond has been leading family devotions again. It is something we start and stop so many times. It's frustrating that it's difficult to make time for devotions when it is so essential and important in our daily lives. It's in our sinful nature to NOT want to do these things. We're starting at the beginning with the story of Creation and it's really cute to hear the boys answer questions and see how much they retain from previous nights' devotions and from what they learn at Bible study and Sunday School.
Oh, and Raymond was made a deacon at church on Sunday! It'll mean more responsibilities for him but I'm sure he will be great. He has always been super involved with our church. We had a lunch after the service at church to celebrate.
I guess that's enough rambling for now.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Goals, Kids, and Devotions
Posted by Sunny at 8:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
hey, you're doing it! It's going to feel SO great when you meet those goals! Yay you! :)
How exciting that Raymond is a deacon now... that's really neat. Jeremy has really enjoyed being one for our church, and I really enjoy seeing him in that role.
hehe, Jonah. At least he's honest! :)
You will totally meet your goal, just don't get bogged down by thinking you can't do it! I totally understand the devotions thing, it seems like it would be so simple to keep up with it but our sinful nature gets in the way and we let it slide. Its so aggravating! Good thing we don't have to work to maintain our salvation because then none of us would ever make it!
i'm so impressed by your running! i only run if the boys are chasing me:) and LOL about Jonah's comment--too cute!
AT least Jonah knows he can tell you how he feels! That is super great!
The running ... I am SO proud of you guys! It is much harder to work out with kids, I am going to get a double joging stroller ... it is like a truck! Keep it up! If you ever want to bring them by my place on a saturday morning so you can run you can!!
Post a Comment