Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our Trip, Part 1

We had such a fun trip! Last Tuesday, my sisters, kids, husband, in-laws, and I took off for Anaheim. We left around 11:30 am. My father-in-law, Greg, had rented us a mini-van which was so nice! Nathan rode in Grandpa's truck with Grandpa and Granny while the rest of us drove in the mini-van. We made great timing, did not hit any traffic, and arrived at our hotel at 1:45 pm. Check-in was supposed to be at 3 but thankfully they let us in one of the rooms since it was ready. The hotel was very nice and we had fun exploring all it had to offer. We had two adjoining rooms so the kids stayed in the same room with the grandparents while my sisters shared a room with Raymond and me.

Here's one of the rooms.
The hotel fireplace in the lobby. It was weird to have a fire going when the AC was cranked down to keep the place cool. ;)
The koi pond and bridge.

A fountain the boys had fun exploring.


Raymond's parents, Greg and Shanna.


After looking around the hotel and its surrounding grounds and gardens, and getting checked in to our second room, we took the shuttle the hotel provided to Downtown Disney.

Here's April and the boys.


Danielle and the kids.

One of the stores we looked at.



Toy heaven!

We tried on a bunch of hats!

We headed to the Lego store. Raymond and Jonah LOVED it! Like father, like son!


The huge giraffe made out of Legos! Aren't the boys tiny looking?
We thought about eating at the Rainforest Cafe but it was pricey and the kids were already whining about how loud it was in there so we didn't.


After looking at a bunch of the shops and grabbing a quick bite to eat, we decided to head back to the hotel and go swimming in the pool.
Granny and Nathan.
This is blurry, but still cute! The boys were cold after swimming so I bundled them up with towels.
The adults (except April) enjoyed the hot tub! It was a really fun day but the anticipation of the next day was growing!

My camera is really driving me nuts! It took so many blurry pictures. We only bought it last Thanksgiving and I'm ready to throw it away. I hope we can save up for a new one soon. My sister April also has pictures of the hotel on her camera but I don't have copies of them yet. I'll post some of those once I get them.

I'll put pictures of our day in Disneyland up tomorrow!

2 comments:

April said...

Yay for pics! I have like a grand total of maybe 3 pics from Disneyland so I am excited to see all the pics that you all have. It was such a great time and I wish I was still there! Miss you all so much.

Danielle said...

Aw those pics are so cute! Man, it looks like Greg tossed Nathan sooo high in the pool!