It's been a weird morning for me. I sat at the table as the four of us had breakfast together, enjoying the eggs and toast my husband made for us (I know, isn't he great?!) and I reminded Raymond what today was, September 11. I asked him what he remembered from that morning 7 years ago and it is pretty similar to what I remember. That story is on my other blog, I'm posting it today.
After dropping Jonah off at school today, I had the radio on in the car as Nathan and I drove on, and the DJ was encouraging people to take time to pray and remember what happened. I wasn't really sure I wanted to keep listening and contemplated turning off the radio because knots were forming in my stomach, but I kept it on. Another DJ talked about how she was watching the footage of the planes hitting the World Trade Center the morning it happened and her 3 year old son walked in the room. He immediately knew that something was wrong. She said his entire bedroom was decorated in airplanes, this is where her voice choked up, and said that from then on he wanted nothing to do with airplanes and wanted the decorations taken down. Now he's 10 and doesn't remember that day.
Tears welled up in my eyes and streamed down my face as I listened to this story. Ugh, what a nightmare that day was. Is every anniversary of 9/11 going to be weird for me? I am not sure. But I know that God is faithful and gives peace when nothing else can.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Reflection
Posted by Sunny at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I know what you mean. Gosh, I felt weird most of the day yesterday. My sister and I were commenting how it's one of those tragic days where EVERYONE remembers exactly where they were and what they were doing when they heard. I still can't watch the footage without crying. I'm so thankful that you were spared any harm!!
you've been tagged!
see my blog for details!
I know what you mean too... it's always a weird day tinged with sadness. Although, you may have been even more affected by it, since you were actually over there, so close to it all... what an experience.
Post a Comment