Thursday, August 14, 2008

I can finally tell the world! (Well, my blog friends)

My sister is pregnant! April is almost 12 weeks along now. She has been through so much, having had a couple of miscarriages, but it's still not smooth sailing yet. She's had a lot of bleeding with this pregnancy, and I mean a lot, not just spotting. I can't believe how many scares she's had. If you think of it, say a prayer for her. After seeing doctors almost weekly, she was told this week that there is a membrane that is separating and allowing blood to collect there, which is why she's bleeding so much. The doctor is unsure if it will stop or continue throughout her pregnancy. She's been given a 75% chance of a successful pregnancy. Ugh, it has been awful for her. And still yet, she has a positive attitude, and is trying her hardest to put it all in God's Hands. So far the baby is doing fine.

We're praying for this little life and hoping this baby is able to make it. The doctor says there is nothing they can do but wait it out. She has also been really sick and has lost 10 pounds already. She's hoping the morning sickness subsides so she can start gaining and having a baby belly!

Her due date is February 27th, so baby would have a birthday right around my little Nathan's 3rd birthday.

Love you sis and just know I'm thinking of you!

5 comments:

Kourtni said...

Yay! I'm so excited for your family! It's so scary to have complications... I will be lifting April and her baby up in prayer continually! Love ya.

Lydia said...

hey sunny! thanks for the comment!
and yay for your sister! that's exciting. I'll be praying that everything goes well for her and that precious baby!

Jerusha Abigail said...

why hello!! thank you! yeah, i'm rather excited for my own blog here. :)i've read through a bunch of your posts here and you have such fun and interesting stories!
oh yay for your sister!! she will definitely be in my prayers!

Mommy Diffee said...

Yippee Sunny! We are praying for them. That is great that she is keeping a positive attitude about it, God is in control =) Much love and more cousins for the boys!

Talia said...

oh, wonderful news!! That is so exciting, even though I am so sorry to hear that she is having complications. I can only imagine how stressful that must be. She and baby will be in my prayers each day! poor thing... being so sick too.
So many prayers... I so hope that you will all get to meet this little one at the appropriate time. With God all things are possible!