Jonah starts preschool! It is really starting to hit me. I got a phone call from the school yesterday to let me know I should be looking out for some mail from them this week. Wow, it's really happening. I am anxious and nervous, yet excited, too.
Jonah is not so sure he wants to go anymore. I'm praying he adjusts quickly. He will be going twice a week. Nathan is feeling left out. He doesn't even understand what school is, but he wants to go so badly. When we drive by any school buildings, he'll ask, "Mine school?" I think he's tired of hearing about "Jonah's school" so he wants to have his own!
I got a little taste of what life will be like with only one child on Saturday. I needed to go to Costco to pick up a few things and Nathan wanted to go with me. Jonah preferred to stay home with Daddy. It was nice to only have one little one to watch and he seemed to enjoy the one-on-one time with me. He chatted with me in the car, sang along to a song on the radio and then when we got there he said he had an owie on his hand and "the doctor fix mine owie". I'm loving how much he's picking up language and talking so much now. I adore little kid voices!
Nathan won't be too left out while Jonah's in school. We'll be going to our weekly Bible study on Tuesdays and he'll have his own little class to attend. Then maybe we'll run errands on Thursdays if we need to keep busy.
I'm praying we can afford to send Jonah this year. I've hardly worked at all lately and we need that extra income to pay for preschool. I'm trusting God on this though and am really okay if it ends up that we can't continue to send him. I'd like him to go but we're not going to go into debt over it. If the Lord wants him to go, He'll provide the money to pay for it and if not, it's fine. We really want our kids to be able to go to this Christian school (starting with preschool and through 8th grade) but if we don't have the funds for it, I will most likely homeschool. Hopefully work will pick up again and we can really save up for the monthly preschool bill and next year's tuition.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
In just two weeks...
Posted by Sunny at 8:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I know how you feel. lol
I have burst into tears just about every time I think about Logan going to school lately. I think it's partly because I'm pregnant and emotional, and partly because school came too soon!!!! We'll have to get together when the kids go to school and enjoy having only 1 child to look after each! lol
Davis is going to wait until next year for pre-k, so I will definitely be keeping an eye on the blog to see how everything goes! It's crazy how fast time goes.
I found out yesterday that there will be an afternoon bus. It willl likely just make one, in-town stop (probably near the high school) and everyone will pick there kids up here at around 3:30. I haven't decided if I'm going to use it because it's not real convenient with where we live. But, I thought you might find that to be good news! :-)
ok, I just realized that I used "there" when I should have used "their" and that is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves!! Ugh....I knew I should have proof-read my comment! :-)
Post a Comment