Monday, August 11, 2008

Opinions, please

So, I've been thinking about trying to write stories from my life and posting them, but I'm not sure if I should put it here on this blog, or create another one specifically for those stories. I'm not sure who'd really want to read them since this blog is supposed to be about my family with pictures. I don't know if I want to mix it up and have really long stories posted here.

As September draws near, it jogs a lot of memories I have of things that have happened during that month. I've journaled a bit about them but I want to write out all of the details before I forget them, along with other stories and experiences. Then it would be really fun to get a good collection of them (remember that memoir I talked about? LOL!) and have them bound in a book for my kids (and grandkids!) to read someday, if they were ever interested. I'm no writer, haha, but it's something I think I would like to do.

What do you think? Even if you aren't interested in reading them, would you want it all in one place and have to skip over those stories to find the "good stuff" or would it be easier if it was separated?

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want stories! I read everything you post so I wouldn't mind having it on this blog. But maybe for organizational sake, you could just keep it seperate. It might be easier that way. There's my 2 cents

Lisa said...

From a blogger perspective, rather than a reader perspective... Honestly I hate maintaining more than one blog.

It is a pain for me, especially when I feel like some of the stuff overlaps (ex: knitting for baby... do I post it on the blog where I talk about knitting or on the preggo blog or both?).

I only separated the pregnancy from my other blog because at first we weren't going to tell a lot of people and I wanted to start writing down everything I was going through.

One thing I do like about it being separate though is that all the pregnancy stuff is together. There are a couple of sites I've heard of that you can use to turn your blog into a book (kind of a one-time publishing thing) and I've been thinking about doing that with the pregnancy stuff. So if I do decide to go through with that it will all be in one place.

Kourtni said...

I think it would be fun to see your stories on your blog!! I don't think you have to have them seperate unless it makes it easier for YOU. I'm sure everyone who reads your blog would love to read anything you decide to post!! I know I would!!!